Sabres Free Agency Thread

FrenchConnection44

22 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Any interest in the following UFA's who were not qualified?

Fischer, McCloud, Puljujarvi, Comtois, White, Benoit, or Foote

McCloud would make a decent 4C / Not really sure about Foote but he won't do much for our top 4 so.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Any interest in the following UFA's who were not qualified?

Fischer, McCloud, Puljujarvi, Comtois, White, Benoit, or Foote? 

Morgan Geekie…3rd line winger with upside, some size, and could play on the 2nd or 4th lines as needed. Only 24 years old, has playoff experience.

I don't have much of a preference in terms of who they sign in FA...meaning no one specific I really want.  I just want them to do something soon so we have something to talk about...and hopefully it'll be someone we can easily convince ourselves we like....ideally a vet (but not too old) D-man.

12 hours ago, tom webster said:

There are alot of thiings you can say about Mike, but to say he doesn't like sports is not one of them. He has been a Sabres season ticket holder, probably knows more about baseball than anyone in the area and is a huge football fan. He is just not a rah rah guy and he expects you to have an intelligent take if you disagree with him.

He may have a lot of knowledge and passion for baseball but it is not one of the sports that is highlighted on WGR. Hockey and football dominate the airspace. The reality on all sports shows is that a large portion of the responses by the callers are not "intelligent takes".  If the host is dismissive or demeaning to the caller, it has an effect on how the listeners respond to the host i.e. the likeability issue. 

I'm not declaring Schopp to be a good or bad guy. I don't know him. In reality, he may be a warm, engaging and wonderful guy. What I'm commenting on is how he comes off to the listener. For me, (speaking only for myself) he comes off as a condescending fellow. When one is in the communication business, how one presents oneself and how one is perceived by the audience is a central part of the business. I'm simply not a fan of him and his show. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

tic tic any news? 

lotsa not signings and actual signings?

Noon is when it starts I believe. Will be interesting to see a) who we target (probably several); b) who is interested in coming to play with us; c) how much of our space and how long we are willing to spend. 

top 4 D appears the priority. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Noon is when it starts I believe. Will be interesting to see a) who we target (probably several); b) who is interested in coming to play with us; c) how much of our space and how long we are willing to spend. 

top 4 D appears the priority. 

Hopefully the first thing we announce is the Dahlin extension.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

Hopefully the first thing we announce is the Dahlin extension.

This.

Morning, 'Spacers! Time to make some coffee and settle in for some Canada Day fun. It's the Sabres so I expect 3 things today...  Dahlin, Power, and some veteran signings or re-signings for Rochester.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Schenn would be a Boosh replacement on the 3rd pairing. He is not a top 4 D.

Don’t tell Toronto that , they way he played for them 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Don’t tell Toronto that , they way he played for them 

Or Vancouver.  How he played alongside Quinn

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.