Sabres Free Agency Thread

FrenchConnection44

Just now, dudacek said:

Might be as simple as moving either UPL or Comrie out, moving on from Subban, and running Levi/UPL/Tokarski/Cooley.

And adding Johnson and Clifton while dumping Clague and pushing Stillman and Bryson down the depth chart.

But it also still leaves us open for bigger acquisitions as well if they wish

Ya if that’s what results it’s a status quo offseason with a couple moneypuck D adds. Not exactly unexpected, but nonetheless would be disappointing 

I think Kevyn has made all his plan B moves. I could see him being ready to roll with this crew of if no deal strikes the value he wants 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

On 6/30/2023 at 9:15 AM, sweetlou said:

All the forwards fill a specific need the Sabres lack. Grit and willingness to go to the corners.  I'd rather have any of the these free agents at $2-3 million a year than Olofsson at $4.75 million a year.

Olofsson good on power play, has a GREAT shot. finishes games with empty nets, has 28 goals in part time work.

Have to start there. That said I want him traded

What do these other Forwards have that replaces what we lose?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TRIP65 said:

Olofsson good on power play, has a GREAT shot. finishes games with empty nets, has 28 goals in part time work.

Have to start there. That said I want him traded

What do these other Forwards have that replaces what we lose?

It’s hard to score goals when you’re not in the lineup because the coach considers you a liability.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch

Mittelstadt - Cozens - Peterka

Olofsson - Krebs - Greenway

Girgensons - Jost - Okposo

(Rousek)

Samuelsson - Dahlin

Power - Clifton

Stillman - Johnson

(Lyubushkin, Jokiharju, Bryson)

Levi

(UPL, Comrie)

That’s what we are looking at right now. 

Could just see the removal of 1 or 2 of the bolded D men, and 1 of the bolded goalies, and a run back with a modestly improved D unit 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/30/2023 at 10:14 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

We don't have as much free cap as some think. Especially after Dahlin and Power deals.

SHHH, I got trolled for saying that

On 6/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, Flashsabre said:

The problem is the league has no cap space. That is why there has been a lack of trades and why teams are giving players away for free.  Also means some of these UFAs are in for a rude awakening when teams can’t pay the $ they hope to get.

Kind of like Football and the Bills. Got a lot of 1 year deals for good players at under 2.5 million.

Adams looks to have properly used free agency: Fill in your holes without tying yourself into any anchor contracts.

Still would like a better D than Clifton, but UFA was never the place we were going to get that.

Dahlin/Power/trade/Samuelsson/Clifton/Johnson/any of the others is a D corps that can contend.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Adams looks to have properly used free agency: Fill in your holes without tying yourself into any anchor contracts.

Still would like a better D than Clifton, but UFA was never the place we were going to get that.

Dahlin/Power/trade/Samuelsson/Clifton/Johnson/any of the others is a D corps that can contend.

Orlov and Soucey were better options, but Orlov went to a contender and Soucey stayed in the Pacific Northwest. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/30/2023 at 10:23 AM, Thorny said:

Are you talking this season? The extensions won’t affect the cap this season, at least 

Most players don't want one year deals unless they are old. So yes, Sabres can get 1 year rentals.

Man, I think you all have forgotten how effective Lyubushkin can be and was on that 3rd pair. Not his fault he was dragging Bryson or Clague around with him. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

Orlov and Soucey were better options, but Orlov went to a contender and Soucey stayed in the Pacific Northwest. 

Soucy is a lefty too. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Adams .

skittles-nathan-barnatt.gif

You have been pushing Clifton for 10 months and we signed him.  Is he garbage now?  

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Man, I think you all have forgotten how effective Lyubushkin can be and was on that 3rd pair. Not his fault he was dragging Bryson or Clague around with him. 

Soucy is a lefty too. 

Agree.  A healthy Lyubushkin was a good 3rd pair guy.   He played hurt and very hurt, more than he did healthy.  

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They now have 5.8 in cap space with 25 players on the roster. 

I do wonder if they would consider a cap dump or two if someone else becomes available 

I think we'll see them clear 3.6 mill out before the season starts. At the very least Bryson gets waived. Idk how they keep Comrie around unless they move on from UPL.

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch

Mittelstadt - Cozens - Peterka

Olofsson - Krebs - Greenway

Girgensons - Jost - Okposo

(Rousek)

Samuelsson - Dahlin

Power - Clifton

Stillman - Johnson

(Lyubushkin, Jokiharju, Bryson)

Levi

(UPL, Comrie)

That’s what we are looking at right now. 

Could just see the removal of 1 or 2 of the bolded D men, and 1 of the bolded goalies, and a run back with a modestly improved D unit 

We will be better just by having Levi. I fail to see a BIG jump with Talent that helps our Offense. Parading last years team basically hoping it grows. Our Fourth line will not grow, hope it holds its own. So if we are lucky we get 7-8th seed. With some decent upgrades maybe we could have gotten to 4-6. Splash, 2-3.

Levi better stay Healthy!

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They now have 5.8 in cap space with 25 players on the roster. 

I do wonder if they would consider a cap dump or two if someone else becomes available 

What about in net? Chad at least seems to be saying they are/will be (maybe just hoping) they are still after one 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

What about in net? Chad at least seems to be saying they are/will be (maybe just hoping) they are still after one 

The guy has no sources lol

I'm still waiting for them to announce this signing that he said was all done

Edited by Buffalonill

27 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

It’s hard to score goals when you’re not in the lineup because the coach considers you a liability.

He knows what he has in Olofsson, think he really wanted to see his young guys. Sabres will need his shot early with Quinn out. Lets hope he Improves his 5 on 5 play. He will NEVER be a two way player. Need to pair him with a Two way forward.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jarry or a trade. And Brossoit just re-signed with The Jets 

Please just do something worthwhile. It would seem to be close to neglect to do nothing there when so much of the rest of the roster looks ready 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

This has been disproven every time you post it 

I wasn’t going to say anything.  I was hoping that the extension gets announced within a few hours.  Then I was going to reply, lol.

25 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The guy has no sources lol

I'm still waiting for them to announce this signing that he said was all done

I think Adams is kinda busy today.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

My dream trade would be:

Hellebuyck, Iafallo

for

Jokiharju, Olofsson, UPL, Ostrand or Rosen

If need be add Middelstadt to the mix.

Hellebuyck is a pipe dream. 

1) He's a UFA after this year

2) He's going to command way to much AAV and Term when all we need is a guy to take some work from Levi as he developes. 

3) it flies totally in the face of everything KA has been doing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.