Sabres Free Agency Thread

FrenchConnection44

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

OK I have to go to a family party thing.  If one of you with my cell # would text me important updates, I'd appreciate it...thanks...

Just got an update from the party; bring a case of beer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I’m starting to wonder if Adams isn’t setting up for a bigger overhaul than we thought:

We now have 5 goalies and 9 defencemen.

We’ve moved on from Clague and Anderson already and Im wondering how many of Boosh, Stillman, Bryson, Jokiharju, Comrie and UPL will be elsewhere before the fall.

Everyone was in general agreement that the crease and the blueline needed change but I don’t know that we expected the change to be sweeping.

Just now, dudacek said:

I’m starting to wonder if Adams isn’t setting up for a bigger overhaul than we thought:

We’ve moved on from Clague and Anderson already and Im wondering how many of Boosh, Stillman, Bryson, Jokiharju, Comrie and UPL will be elsewhere before the fall.

Everyone was in general agreement that the crease and the blueline needed change but I don’t know that we expected the change to be sweeping.

Could be a run back at F, and in net, with a couple modest additions on D

Or, could see a revamped G position, a couple modest additions on D, and maybe even a F add or two through a big swap. So, more of a sweeping change.

we shall see

7 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Bring Bud Light.

Dylan Mulvaney single handedly saved me 60 bucks for my 4th of July gathering. I'm to old to give a ***** about what anyone else says about it, I've actually posted on GM and Toyata's contact us page to do a promo with Dylan.

ScottySabres pronoun.....

"Grandpa needs a new truck at discount"

🤣

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Could be a run back at F, and in net, with a couple modest additions on D

Or, could see a revamped G position, a couple modest additions on D, and maybe even a F add or two through a big swap. So, more of a sweeping change.

we shall see

Might be as simple as moving either UPL or Comrie out, moving on from Subban, and running Levi/UPL/Tokarski/Cooley.

And adding Johnson and Clifton while dumping Clague and pushing Stillman and Bryson down the depth chart.

But it also still leaves us open for bigger acquisitions as well if they wish

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It’s hard at this point to believe both UPL and Comrie make it to the season. Also expect a defenseman to disappear or an injury we haven’t heard of announced. 

The overhauls are nice- developing for the sake of developing seems over.  With this mindset I would think a depth forward would be in play, but Geekie signed elsewhere.  Day isn’t over yet. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.