Kevyn Adams and Jerry Forton Pre-Draft Presser, 6/21/2023

LGR4GM

Anyone expecting Adams to put down the current goaltending crew in any shape way or form… doesn’t get it. Still.

Of course he’s looking. Of course he’s having conversations. Of course he’s taking phone calls. Of course he’s making phone calls.
Of course it takes two GM’s to make a trade happen.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Anyone expecting Adams to put down the current goaltending crew in any shape way or form… doesn’t get it. Still.

Of course he’s looking. Of course he’s having conversations. Of course he’s taking phone calls. Of course he’s making phone calls.
Of course it takes two GM’s to make a trade happen.

You are right. If you want to know what Adams really thinks of his goaltending just look at who did and did not play down the stretch in must win games.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

One has to wonder what they are thinking for free agency and who might actually want to come to Buffalo without being too over paid. I’m okay with a trade as long as it’s not one of our young assets. Don’t know how much Olafsson will bring in. 

Thing is, there are options via UFA (Varlamov, Andersen (yuck)), trade (Ullmark, Hellebucyk, Saros (?)), or offer sheet (Swayman).  And that's just ottomh.

For once, the areas the Sabres need to shore up (goalie, 4D, and ideally 5/6D & PKing 4C) actually seem to be available in reasonable abundance.  (Not sure there's abundance at the 4C spot, but there almost always are 10th F's available as FAs, so that one should be available as well should Adams want to address it.)

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Can't believe they're going with the same freaking team.

This has disaster written all over it

Considering how horrifically wrong you were regarding finishing in the bottom five of the league… I’ll take this opinion you have with a grain of salt big-time. Hey that reminds me … Didn’t you make some kind of bet with someone that involved giving money to charity if you were wrong? Did you ever pay up? Or was it … crickets?

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

All we needed was competent goaltending and we would have easily made the playoffs. I just don't get KA on this issue. Of course I would be willing to overpay a little for a goalie to make the playoffs. I think most people on here would. I don't think KA is though and I just don't get that. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Considering how horrifically wrong you were regarding finishing in the bottom five of the league… I’ll take this opinion you have with a grain of salt big-time. Hey that reminds me … Didn’t you make some kind of bet with someone that involved giving money to charity if you were wrong? Did you ever pay up? Or was it … crickets?

I bet him that Buffalo would finish higher than Bottom 5. It was for $100 to a charity in Buffalo. I am not aware of Buffalonill paying 

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Can't believe they're going with the same freaking team.

This has disaster written all over it

I had a feeling there wasn’t going to be much change. I think the team can make the playoffs by rolling it back. However, there are improvements to be made, and there is still time.

I liked Jost but I know there are better 4Cs out there. Haula is one that comes to mind in the UFA market.

Right now it looks like Vinnie, maybe VO and Jost are the only forwards to be changed.

I think we all agree D and G are where the bigger gaps are and I hope there are a few changes to come there.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Adams said that Östlund is 1" taller and much heavier. That puts Östlund at 5'11" (no idea on the weight) if we use his combine height from last year. 

prepare the banner

33 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Does everyone think that all these players are going to have career years like last year ?.

That would be unheard of just saying.

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Does everyone think that all these players are going to have career years like last year ?.

Well I don't have any specific reason to believe the young players won't continue to improve.   

With NHL average goaltending they easily make the playoffs last season. 

It's more than concerning that KA believes they're set with Comrie, UPL and Levi.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, pi2000 said:

Well I don't have any specific reason to believe the young players won't continue to improve.   

With NHL average goaltending they easily make the playoffs last season. 

It's more than concerning that KA believes they're set with Comrie, UPL and Levi.

Same s*** every year with Kevin Adams he doesn't understand the most important position 

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

What do you think of the season Tage just had after the career year he had the season before?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm more thinking like Skinner,Tuch etc.

Tage will likely hit 100 

Skinner I'm more worried about  He always has a bad year after a good year

Skinner's 2nd best point total in a year is 63, he has done that 4 times including in 2021-2022. This past season he had 82. So he had a good year last year by tying his best season and then followed it up with the best season he has ever had... that's 2 good years in a row. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.