Rasmus close to extension at $10M per

tom webster

27 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

For him to come back into town and have a press conference. He’s prob vacationing in Sweden with his family. There’s no rush.

This is 2023, nobody needs to be in town for a presser. 

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Need to be?  No, but when you are signing an 8 year $80M contract, it would be nice, wouldn’t it?

Hes been playing here for years.  Pesonally I don't need him to be in town to give a presser after signing.  

If they've come to an agreement you sign the damn thing.  I know it won't happen but I don't need some Chris Drury BS.

36 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Hes been playing here for years.  Pesonally I don't need him to be in town to give a presser after signing.  

If they've come to an agreement you sign the damn thing.  I know it won't happen but I don't need some Chris Drury BS.

When is he coming back to Buffalo? 

On 7/7/2023 at 8:56 AM, French Collection said:

No rush, it’s probably done but they’re waiting for the right time to announce.

KA didn’t want to take the focus away from the draft, FA frenzy and development camp.

There will be so much down time coming up that this will be the #1 headline in all of hockey.

And when would that be ? So Buffalo is so lame that they're waiting for the perfect opportunity when it's boring in the summer to announce it.

On 7/7/2023 at 9:56 AM, French Collection said:

No rush, it’s probably done but they’re waiting for the right time to announce.

KA didn’t want to take the focus away from the draft, FA frenzy and development camp.

There will be so much down time coming up that this will be the #1 headline in all of hockey.

Actually, for whatever reason, it probably ISN'T "done" (as in signed by both sides).  The team is required to submit all signed contracts to the league office by 5PM the day after a contract has been signed by the player.

Fully expect the contract to get done and have no idea why Dahlin hasn't signed a new contract yet.  Could be they want to wait until they've got Power's deal done as well and want to have a big "splash" by announcing both at the same time; could be they're still working out some very minon point; could be ...

Am not concerned over it not being finalized yet; but just saying would be surprised if it has been finalized because the league has no reason to hide the contract if it has been filed with them.

34 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

And when would that be ? So Buffalo is so lame that they're waiting for the perfect opportunity when it's boring in the summer to announce it.

Gotta let your air out a bit, or you’re going to go crazy- it’s going to be a quiet 2 months until camp. It’s like this every summer. Maybe there’ll be a surprise in which case a little found money but best to assume we’ve seen the lion’s share of Adams workload this offseason. History would suggest we have, calendar wise.

Dahlin contract is a non-issue. It truly only matters if you are one of those folks who is going to claim “steal” or “overpay” based on 100k. He’s a long term Sabre at around double digits, any announcement is an anti-climax 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Kid is on a fantastic looking holiday in the south of France. Probably wants to just enjoy it.

The deal is inevitable. Probably already done and just waiting for him to finish decompressing before it gets announced and he has to face the accompanying hoopla.

• Like (+1) 2

Doing things right and the optics of it all are important. I remember picking up Eichel at the airport when Rasmus signed his first contract after getting drafted. Jack took time from his summer to fly into town just for the signing and he was cool with the whole thing. Even laughed at security who chased us because I drove past their checkpoint.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Why is waiting for the right time for all involved lame?

If he was a UFA on Aug.1st I might be starting to fidget a little bit but there is plenty of time.

Maybe they want a photo op with Terry and a suitcase full of cash.

In seriousness, I’ve mentioned before about 2 years ago the Sabres seriously revamped their social media presence, there isn’t a chance they’d miss an opportunity to do something sizeable with this so if Dahlin is travelling, it makes perfect sense they’d wait 

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Doing things right and the optics of it all are important. I remember picking up Eichel at the airport when Rasmus signed his first contract after getting drafted. Jack took time from his summer to fly into town just for the signing and he was cool with the whole thing. Even laughed at security who chased us because I drove past their checkpoint.

Who are you?  Really.  Picking up Johnny??  Driving past the security checkpoint??

Bond??  James, Bond ??

• Haha (+1) 1

Something else to remember, even though Dylan Cozens deal was announced during the All Star Break On February 7th. His press conference was February 9th. 

11 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Who are you?  Really.  Picking up Johnny??  Driving past the security checkpoint??

Bond??  James, Bond ??

No Webster, Tom, Webster 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

That was on the two-seater bike, right?  And they couldn't catch you?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.