Rasmus close to extension at $10M per

tom webster

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Only $10 million? I’d have thought Ras would get $12 million avg 

It’s called fair for both sides. Just like some other contracts that KA has signed with some players. You like it, I like it, we all like it 😂

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Good for Dahlin and the Sabres (provided the cap goes up as anticipated).

The unspoken item is that this year's Cup-winner will have a $10M/year player no matter who wins (Barkov, Bobrovsky, Eichel). The ceiling is broken for winners!

I don't know if the parenthetical is warranted in this case. With Dahlin there are no caveats - you have to sign him no matter what.

• Thanks (+1) 1

If so, Dahlin is like his teammates in leaving money on the table.  That speaks to a better mentality towards ensemble play and a more selfless attitude on the team.

Now, if we learn team defence over this summer, we will real draw a contrast between our core and Toronto's Core 4 forwards.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

The wife walked in as I was finishing that post........from the shower 😅 

Truth!

Nice.  How was the subsequent jam in bed?

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

If so, Dahlin is like his teammates in leaving money on the table.  That speaks to a better mentality towards ensemble play and a more selfless attitude on the team.

Now, if we learn team defence over this summer, we will real draw a contrast between our core and Toronto's Core 4 forwards.

I think you're right, but I don't want to embrace it because if Dahlin does get a contract for what he's worth (12m+), I don't want him castigated here for being "selfish."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Chad is confirming what shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Like he said, extension should be announced shortly after July 1st rolls around and will fall in line with cap percentage of Fox and Makar.

assuming he didn't say the Term?   whats the longest they can go?  i think its 8 years

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That's exactly it right, learn to play team D and add that to the offense we already have developing. 

It does contrast to the Toronto problem for sure. All that money in 4 forwards. Ideally if our 'core" can be a 5 man unit and a goalie our odds of long term success will be better than theirs are or ever were. Right now the Leafs have Reilly locked up at a decent level but the big 4 use up around 40 million and Matthews wants even more.  We on the other hand, even with Skinner's deal, are only using about 28 for our top 4 forwards. Samuelsson's locked up for a very reasonable mid defender level price and even with Dahlin at 10ish we have tons of money left for any of the young guys that earn it. 

We have room to spend a little. No need to stay a cap floor team this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Chad is confirming what shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Like he said, extension should be announced shortly after July 1st rolls around and will fall in line with cap percentage of Fox and Makar.

Any word on whether that would be for 7 or the full 8 years?

Thought he MIGHT settle for $10.5-11 per on a 7 year deal (and that the full 8 years would cost the full $96MM) but if they could get him locked up for 8 years at $10/year that would really help them keep the mid-tier guys or an extra one of the kids when they're ready for a big boy deal.

Kevyn's talk of guys wanting to be here might have seen him actually finding guys that really DO want to be here and want to be here with a really strong core of other good players around them.

Mr. Adams, please let this be true and keep locking these guys up before their skills force the bank to be broken wide open.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Term will be important too. If it is $10 million for 8 years then it is awesome.

$10 million for 5 years not as awesome.

True. KA seems to favour 7. Still a good length at 10 mil. But it’s, say, the discrepancy some were missing for why, say, Caufield’s deal was a bit more that Cozens, they paid for that extra UFA year

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.