GDT: The real semifinal. Round 3.

Eleven

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Not much of an allegory guy

The character's name is Digory, not Allegory, and he's only in the first book in any meaningful way.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The character's name is Digory, not Allegory, and he's only in the first book in any meaningful way.

No, he dies in Goblet 

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Vegas putting on a clinic.

In how to beat everyone, slowly 

Just awful. So embarrassing. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

The way it's looking, a Panthers/Knights SCF will actually be pretty good.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s been lacking since round 1 

It has NOT been a great playoffs, that's for sure.

Probably we need to change up who starts the thread for each round here.

OTOH there's a pretty good Law & Order on WE right now.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

3/4 being pylons on ice that year is more deserving of the “slow” designation. The key as mentioned was veterans who could actually still play thus commanding respect. The roster was bad. We don’t need to have a retroactive conversation that oh wait we were actually good, It’s all jack and sam’s fault, whatever. This debate should be over. We built bad teams. How many guys need to blossom in other organizations before we put aside our bias and acknowledge it? 

times have changed - if the organization was capable of realizing what went wrong surely we can. I don’t see the need to pretend Eichel and Sam couldn’t have been good here because it makes one feel better. Is this the new thing? “Ok they are good, I admit it....but it couldn’t have happened here!” That’s just FOMO.

Ya, it could have. It just didn’t because the people actually in charge did a putrid job. 

We're on a forum talking about hockey, just because you don't agree why should the subject be over?

That is so messed up Eichel and Reinhart might both be in the finals at the same time. One of them is winning the cup 2 years removed from our mess. Unbelievable. I can’t bare to watch Eichel carrying the cup. It just seems to add to the humiliation and frustration. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

That is so messed up Eichel and Reinhart might both be in the finals at the same time. One of them is winning the cup 2 years removed from our mess. Unbelievable. I can’t bare to watch Eichel carrying the cup. It just seems to add to the humiliation and frustration. 

Yeah, I just can't abide this perspective. Did we not witness the sh%t-show the Sabres were for the entire time both were here? I'm happy for them to be free of it and having success. It's not like they didn't work hard. All those players work hard to be where they're at.

It's just hockey, which is just entertainment. In my view, being humiliated over the poor decisions of a team is putting way too much value into it. Frustrated is about what its worth but not enough to be envious of some kids who walked through the valley to earn the position they're presently in.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I love it. Seriously. What’s even funnier is that one of them is going to win it before McDavid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1