GDT: Predators @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

10 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

I Believe, Sabres are a much better team than last year. More development and growth needed for our youngins, and we need Goaltending. Even if Levi is all that day 1, we need another G w Andy retiring (whether he likes it or not), Comrie traded, cut, ROCH, and UPL or Levi start next season in ROCH. We need another G, an age and another  developmental level D (IDK if Clague is the guy, anyone want to discuss Bryson?).

I like what KA & Meatballs are doing. Time and growth needed. We need to build to make playoffs next year (esp w, in my mind, expected digression by Was, Pit, Bos, others?).

I know none of us truly believed we would make playoffs this year (Hope I am wrong still), regardless, we have seen development and still need more depth (G & D).

LFG rest of the year & here't to an awesome off season!

I still love my boys in Blue & Gold, regardless.

We still have a 1.6% (currently) shot at #1 pick Bedard......so there is that.

I am dyed in the wool, regardless (so are you if you are honest with yourself, or why are you here?)

SPOONY

I appreciate your optimism, really i do. The problem with this team relies 100% on offense. Until everyone learns how to play 200 feet this team is doomed

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Agree 1

Their inability to stop ANYTHING has sapped the entire team of any gusto. The offense, that led the NHL in scoring for a chunk of the season, has shriveled up like George Costanza following a brisk dip in the pool. 

Whoever the leadership on the ice is, ostensibly Okposo, needs to be ripping these guys. Guys like Tuch, Girgs, Dahlin need to be right there with him. It looks like this entire team has checked out.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GoPuckYourself said:

We need to get bigger, nastier, guys who stand in front of the net and win faceoffs. at least 2 defensemen who know how to the play the position and play it well , I'd say at least 1 in the top 4 and of course a goalie.

KA is on it!  Just give him 3-4 more years. He promises it’ll be worth the wait.  

2 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I appreciate your optimism, really i do. The problem with this team relies 100% on offense. Until everyone learns how to play 200 feet this team is doomed

I love you (not) @Sidc3000 🤣

What part of: "Time and growth needed. We need to build to make playoffs next year"

did I not make clear, my good sir?

Just now, GoPuckYourself said:

We need to get bigger, nastier, guys who stand in front of the net and win faceoffs. at least 2 defensemen who know how to the play the position and play it well , I'd say at least 1 in the top 4 and of course a goalie.

Two defensemen will not fix the problem. The whole team needs to play defense

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.