GDT: Predators @ Sabres - Mar. 21, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Just now, Sidc3000 said:

Two defensemen will not fix the problem. The whole team needs to play defense

100%, you can't just solve defense by dropping in a few studs

that's a band aid solution

hell it might be a very strong band aid, but you can't build a sustainably great team that way

We decide to start back checking and hitting… and don’t transition, rush, and shoot… As DG will say, we are not playing our game… 

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Anderson vs Saros tonight 

Yep our 3 NHL goalies:

1. A geriatric who has nothing left

2. A guy who's ranked 68th out of 68 goalies who KA thought was a good one to sign to be a #1 NHl goalie

3. a big lug with no angle control, no rebound control was lousy in the EHL, lousy in the AHL why would he be less than lousy in the NHL?  

I read a stat today that in the Boston 7-0 loss, Boston scored on 4 of 8 high chance shots (apparently UPL also got scored on 3 time on non high chance shots) while Buffalo went 0-8.  Buffalo also outshot Boston by 1.  Every game it's like we start down 3 goals due to the difference in goaltending.

Saros vs Anderson is a joke

2 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

I love you (not) @Sidc3000 🤣

What part of: "Time and growth needed. We need to build to make playoffs next year"

did I not make clear, my good sir?

thanks @Spoonman, love you too (not) 🤣

Time.. How long have I’ve been told that 🙄.  The defense problems are not going to be fixed in one offseason. If they do then DG is a miracle worker since he e hasn’t even tried to fix it this season. 

i will be positive when they show that they can actually play both sides consistently and win. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, lowsabre said:

100%, you can't just solve defense by dropping in a few studs

that's a band aid solution

hell it might be a very strong band aid, but you can't build a sustainably great team that way

Greenway was known as a plus defender in Minnesota. He looks as useless as everybody else on this roster defensively in a Sabres sweater. The problem isn't all players, it's systemic.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Believer said:

We decide to start back checking and hitting… and don’t transition, rush, and shoot… As DG will say, we are not playing our game… 

Their game doesn’t work this time of year 

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This segment is something …so the Sabres have psychological problems? 

Well DG kept saying they’re stressed so maybe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.