GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

It is downright insulting

This guy thinks he's watching hockey with kindergarteners 

You played goal and have emotional attachment to the position, we get it 

Lol, I played goal for a long time and I have no problem calling out a sieve when I see one.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The buffalo sabres love to let face-melting stretches of inadequacy fester for unreasonable amounts of time, especially when their causes are evident to even the most casual fan the July before the season begins, and then they successfully convince the fan-base that the players who slog through this unending dreck have the wrong attitude about it. 

They usually get rid of those players, who become normal, fine, contributing hockey players on good teams elsewhere while the we start the same cycle again 

We can’t improve the now because it’ll harm the future but the future might not come if we don’t improve the now because I ask you: when is the last time you woke up in the morning and said “what day is it today? Saturday? Oh, no that’s right, it’s the Future, now”.

win games now 

worry about rest later 

not that hard 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Any player we acquire has to fit into our big picture, it can't sacrifice our future. The staff was pounding their fist on the table for this guy. 

Sabres hockey. 

I’ll give them an off-season to work with greenway but admittedly it’s not looking so good at this point 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Stads said:

Stillman did not do a good job separating him from the puck Rob...it was a penalty jackass

Not sure that was a very good call.  Frederick had the puck when Stillman lined the hit up.   I’ve have seen much worse get let go.  Like Frederick’s punch to Dahlins face.  That was a penalty call on Tuch the other night.  But not today. 

NHL officials are trash. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It is downright insulting

This guy thinks he's watching hockey with kindergarteners 

You played goal and have emotional attachment to the position, we get it 

Promo is too much of a cheerleader, but you should also realize that your autism makes things more razor-focus clear to you than they might be to others.

• dislike 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We can’t improve the now because it’ll harm the future but the future might not come if we don’t improve the now because I ask you: when is the last time you woke up in the morning snd said “what day is it today? Saturday? Oh, no that’s right, it’s the Future, now”.

win game now 

worry about rest later 

not that hard 

The eunuchs in the media won't say anything lest they get their access cut off by PSE.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

I do not want to hear another word about playoffs.  I would rather this team play like they give a crap. They are finished for the year. Move on until next year where we will just repeat.

Same here. I realized the playoffs were slipping away a couple weeks ago, so I contented myself by needing to see young guys still learning and contributing while the team still put up a fight. But the pressure is clearly too much for this fragile group it seems. I can only hope this serves to inform them moving forward. 

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

He's not really a fighter, even at 6'5", 235. I'm sure he could do some damage if he wanted to though.

Get rid of him them.  He is too slow to play on his team.  If he is not an enforcer or a deterrent he is a waste of an uninform.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.