GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Doesn't matter , every game I see him go down, get beaten glove side, poor puck tracking, lateral movement.  

Comrie should get more chances than this.

Issue with Comrie is his terrible glove high ability. 

UPL is inconsistent and wildly unpredictable game to game.

Anderson is old and has general off nights but is solid when he’s on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Comrie, Anderson or any AHL scrub gets torched by this Toronto team 

Excpet Anderson stopped 17 out of 18 shots he faced after he took over, only allowing 1 PP goal where the team in front of him had 2 players take themselves out of position.  Then again, if he STARTED the game when Toronto put all that pressure on...maybe he wouldn't have done as well.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Somebody convince me that this team is not gonna get its butt kicked by two teams that have absolutely owned us when we face the Lightning and Panthers later this week. Seriously, tell me why I should think we have any chance at all. 

Cant Do That Season 4 GIF by The Office

Sabres pressed in the first couldnt pass through a neutral zone trap... That is on Donnie to see that and get the guys to dump and chase till Leaves open up... led to too many odd man chances and UPL lost his confidence.  Cant have that happen..  guys were too hyped... they played better when they simplified their game... You cant open against a team like TO until they do.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Somebody convince me that this team is not gonna get its butt kicked by two teams that have absolutely owned us when we face the Lightning and Panthers later this week. Seriously, tell me why I should think we have any chance at all. 

This is a streaky young team that seems to win when you are pretty sure they are 'done' and expect them to lose, but on the other hand just when you think they are playing good a losing streak starts.

Right now fans have lost faith in the team again...so maybe that will signal a turn around to playing well?    That is all I got, I'm not epecting much from them in the next two games myself.

6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

They still need an experienced hard nose D guy who can skate... not an O guy but a guy with some chippiness.

Maybe an experienced guy would help, but what I see is not the lack of a certain type of player back there.  I see Power as a good young D-man who, because of his inexerpence, usually plays well but often has some pretty bad games.  I see the 6th D-man on this team as missing.  I seeLybushkin as a pretty good 4, 5 guy who can play phyiscial but he seems to be playing beat up all the time.  The biggest thing I see though when they allow goals is a D-corp that is young overall and doesn't make too many physical mistakes but makes 'young guy' out of position mistakes.

I think this exact same group on D will be better next year, and a LOT better in 2 years from now when they all have more experience.  Of course, that Vet guy would help right now to take a couple minutes off of Power and to take all the minutes from a struggling Clague/Bryson/whoever else.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Two or less said:

UPL is becoming a problem. Maybe he's run out of gas, i'm not sure, but they can't ride him. He's just not that good right now and out of form. 

36 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Except in that San Jose game 1 game ago? What?

crossing season 4 GIF

44 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Dahlin played 25:57 and finished even in +/- which is saying a lot when you give up 5 even strength goals. 

Today was men against boys and the boys got schooled.  

Buffalo is a boarderline playoff team.  They might get there, but in the eastern conference the top 6 teams are way beyond 7 and 8.  

Good post. I keep having the Sabres playoff conversation and friends just chirp me after games like this.

I don’t think the Sabres are world beaters. They’re a middling team in a log jam of other middling teams for the 7-8 seed. None of which I think are hands down better than the others. 

Sabres are one and done in the playoffs and not close at all. If somehow we could push Boston to a game 6, that would be incredible. But like are out in 4 maaaybe 5. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Good post. I keep having the Sabres playoff conversation and friends just chirp me after games like this.

I don’t think the Sabres are world beaters. They’re a middling team in a log jam of other middling teams for the 7-8 seed. None of which I think are hands down better than the others. 

Sabres are one and done in the playoffs and not close at all. If somehow we could push Boston to a game 6, that would be incredible. But like are out in 4 maaaybe 5. 

Agree.  It would be great to make it this year so for many reason, I just want to end this playoff draught and take our first round beating so that Adams can see what is really needed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Nope. It is baffling. Maybe take away the Playstation in Mitts crib?

No way. They are a really young team. I would bet that they tear it up when they are one the road. Give’m even more leash when they are home. Throw Keggers the night before a game. I bet they kill it.

They play like their strict parents are judging them when they are home. On the road they are free to be who they are.

24 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wake me up when training camp starts for the Bills.

The Bills are done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Agree.  It would be great to make it this year so for many reason, I just want to end this playoff draught and take our first round beating so that Adams can see what is really needed.  

I am drinking the koolaide. I think we’re on to something.

I think it will be tough sledding for this team to make the playoffs and win a series in the same year. I’d love to get the monkey off of our backs now and be able to slightly raise expectations in the 23/24 season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.