Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, inkman said:

True but they also are starting Mason Rudolph.  While he may not be Payton Manning, he’s mostly an unknown.  As compared to Kenny Pickett, who just plain sucks. 

Rudolph has been winning and making the passing game work the last 3-4 weeks.. The Pittsburgh fans would lose their minds if Pickett was put back in. 

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Rudolph has been winning and making the passing game work the last 3-4 weeks.. The Pittsburgh fans would lose their minds if Pickett was put back in. 

I wasn’t suggesting that (not sure how that was the conclusion).  My point is that if the Ravens were facing Pickett, their chances of winning would significantly increase.  Hence, why Bills fans should be worried.  Rudolph might just rise up and bear the Ravens backups. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Night Train said:

Two weeks, but yes. 

Yous all can relax.

The Bills will win big.  Josh will have the best game of his life.  The running game will grind them down too.

Then the Bills will be hosting the Chiefs (you heard me) for the right to face Dallas in the Super Bowl.

The Bills win both those games.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Yous all can relax.

The Bills will win big.  Josh will have the best game of his life.  The running game will grind them down too.

Then the Bills will be hosting the Chiefs (you heard me) for the right to face Dallas in the Super Bowl.

The Bills win both those games.

The bills and chiefs cannot face each other in the AFC championship if the bills win the east. It would have to be a week earlier. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The bills and chiefs cannot face each other in the AFC championship if the bills win the east. It would have to be a week earlier. 

So It moved unnecessarily. Because it would be NS's scenario that would bring me back from the football dead.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So It moved unnecessarily. Because it would be NS's scenario that would bring me back from the football dead.

Slight revision to my vision ...

Bills win every game they play regardless of where and against whom.

Seems unlikely (depends, I think, where Miami ends up in the WC - either 5 or 6) that the Chiefs and Bills would be able to meet in the AFC Championship game when the Bills win Sunday night in Miami.

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not even if the Ravens lose in the Divisional round ?

That would mean the Ravens have to lose to the Chiefs specifically in the divisional round, which is an impossible matchup.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Even if the Bills have clinched playoffs before stepping onto the field tomorrow evening, winning the division is important.  Aside from having home games against anyone but the Ravens, it's also the only realistic path that doesn't involve playing both the Browns and Ravens (the two hardest AFC opponents this year, IMO). With that set up, if the Bills, Chiefs, and Browns all win their wild card matches, the Browns will have to go to Baltimore in the divisional round.

If Buffalo is a wild card team, then the only way they don't play the Ravens in the divisional round is by finishing as the #6 seed and playing @ KC and the Dolphins would have to get upset by whatever AFC South team makes it in as #7. And if the Browns are as good as they seem to be right now, then they'd be the most likely opponent in the AFC Championship (which would be @ Cleveland).

• Like (+1) 2

I'm in Florida right now visiting relatives....a LOT of talk among my relatives here and other people we meet about the game.

They are preparing excuses already for the loss.....some version of "well, its not really fair with the injuries we have for this game"  Of course they don't want to even hear about the Bills missing Milano or Tre White for the while year who just got hurt earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm in Florida right now visiting relatives....a LOT of talk among my relatives here and other people we meet about the game.

They are preparing excuses already for the loss.....some version of "well, its not really fair with the injuries we have for this game"  Of course they don't want to even hear about the Bills missing Milano or Tre White for the while year who just got hurt earlier in the season.

LOL - remember, the fans don't play the game, or your relatives or other people

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Not even if the Ravens lose in the Divisional round ?

If the bills win the division they are the 2 seed and KC the 3. So you’d have 1-2-3 and someone else in the second round. 2-3 always play each other no matter who the 4th team would be. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, shrader said:

If the bills win the division they are the 2 seed and KC the 3. So you’d have 1-2-3 and someone else in the second round. 2-3 always play each other no matter who the 4th team would be. 

So, my revised prediction is better ... the Bills win every game they play starting tomorrow night - 5 games total.

• Like (+1) 2

Every time I see one of those lying down with your toe out of bounds to grab a kickoff that has landed in bounds and make it "out of bounds" plays, I think two things:

(1) The first person to do this was really smart

(2) The fact that you can still do that is really dumb

• Agree 1

Of four ways to get in, two are now gone.  Only the Jacksonville game and our own left.  Very good chance that tomorrow will be win for the #2 seed or lose to miss the playoffs (ok, ok, a tie would get the #6.)

• Thanks (+1) 3

5 hours ago, carpandean said:

Of four ways to get in, two are now gone.  Only the Jacksonville game and our own left.  Very good chance that tomorrow will be win for the #2 seed or lose to miss the playoffs (ok, ok, a tie would get the #6.)

The only thing that ever mattered was the Sunday night game. Nothing else matters.

The Bills have been in playoff mode for weeks now so nothing has changed for them. 

Edited by Demoted
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 1/5/2024 at 7:33 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

The truth is the Bills need to win the division and get a home playoff game.  We are better than Miami and if we lose to a banged up Miami team we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Bills should win this game with all the Dolphin injuries. Several missing OL. Waddle is out or very hobbled at best. Mostert is questionable. Jones should feast on that depleted OL.

No Chubb or Phillips or Howard for them. And Holland is also questionable. Looked slow in that Ravens game. Run game should exploit their D. Both Allen and Cook should run a lot and that will soften them up for the pass. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Bills should win this game with all the Dolphin injuries. Several missing OL. Waddle is out or very hobbled at best. Mostert is questionable. Jones should feast on that depleted OL.

No Chubb or Phillips or Howard for them. And Holland is also questionable. Looked slow in that Ravens game. Run game should exploit their D. Both Allen and Cook should run a lot and that will soften them up for the pass. 

Mafia's everywhere approve this game plan. And not just Bills mafia, when I say Mafia's everywhere, I mean exactly that, there'll be a lot of busy bookies around the country today. 🤣 

• Haha (+1) 2

The Bills handled a full Fins team easily in week 4.  Miami is not at full strength and may rest some guys since they are already in.  They probably think the 2 seed would be better and play at home for sure.

If Miami loses where do they land in the WC?  Does that depend on the Jags game?

The Bills are playing well and peaking nicely.  As mentioned, they have been in playoff mode for at least 4 games and probably 6.

This game is theirs for the taking, but they better be ready.  

I believe they will be ready and they will dominate.

38 - 17.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

9 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The Bills handled a full Fins team easily in week 4.  Miami is not at full strength and may rest some guys since they are already in.  They probably think the 2 seed would be better and play at home for sure.

If Miami loses where do they land in the WC?  Does that depend on the Jags game?

The Bills are playing well and peaking nicely.  As mentioned, they have been in playoff mode for at least 4 games and probably 6.

This game is theirs for the taking, but they better be ready.  

I believe they will be ready and they will dominate.

38 - 17.

Pretty sure the Browns are locked into the 5 slot, so the Fishies would be either the 2 or the 6.  A Bills loss or tie locks the Fishies into the 2.  A Bills win drops the Fishies to 6.

A Bills win locks them into the 2.  A Bills tie locks them into the 6.  A Bills loss will put them in 8 or 7 depending upon whether the Jags won earlier this afternoon or not.

But, make it easy on themselves and just win this game like the "should."  Then they'd host the Stillers if the Jags didn't win and they'd host the Eulers if the Jags did win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2