Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Seeing online that the Bills clinch a playoff spot next week with either a win (which gets them the 2 seed), a Steelers loss, or a Jags loss; either of the latter 2 guaranteeing at worst the 7 seed.  But, if Indy and Houston tie, then the Bills would be the 7 in a worst case even if all 3 of those other games don't go their way.

A Bills tie would also clinch them the 6 seed.  (None of those other four 9-7 teams could get to 10-1/2 wins.)

• Thanks (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Seeing online that the Bills clinch a playoff spot next week with either a win (which gets them the 2 seed), a Steelers loss, or a Jags loss; either of the latter 2 guaranteeing at worst the 7 seed.  But, if Indy and Houston tie, then the Bills would be the 7 in a worst case even if all 3 of those other games don't go their way.

A Bills tie would also clinch them the 6 seed.  (None of those other four 9-7 teams could get to 10-1/2 wins.)

Jags play the Titans, and Pitt playing a Baltimore squad that will rest numerous starters.  No one wants to see a Chubb-like injury in a meaningless game. Baltimore might sit half the starting line up.  Just win baby.  Plus, the thought of potentially hosting two playoff games is something I could not let myself think about 6 weeks ago.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Jags play the Titans, and Pitt playing a Baltimore squad that will rest numerous starters.  No one wants to see a Chubb-like injury in a meaningless game. Baltimore might sit half the starting line up.  Just win baby.  Plus, the thought of potentially hosting two playoff games is something I could not let myself think about 6 weeks ago.  

Absolutely.

Just take care of business and they're the 2 seed and nothing else matters.  Was merely pointing out that should they screw the pooch, there are actually 3 other games that matter, not just 2 like multiple sites were claiming.

• Like (+1) 1

The Ravens have established themselves as the best team in the league, but I can't help but wonder how rusty they will be without any game action until 3 weeks from now.

Also worth noting that Lamar is 1-4 in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JujuFish said:

The Ravens have established themselves as the best team in the league, but I can't help but wonder how rusty they will be without any game action until 3 weeks from now.

Also worth noting that Lamar is 1-4 in the playoffs.

Buffalo will smoke'em, Buffalo always smokes'em, we have their number.

The Bills play the Fish on Sunday night.  Does anyone know the scenarios for the playoffs if G-d forbid we lose to the Fish?

Being the final game of the regular season, the Bills will know what they have to do before the game starts, but I'd like to know who to root against on Saturday and Sunday.

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Bills play the Fish on Sunday night.  Does anyone know the scenarios for the playoffs if G-d forbid we lose to the Fish?

Being the final game of the regular season, the Bills will know what they have to do before the game starts, but I'd like to know who to root against on Saturday and Sunday.

Aside from bizarre tie game scenarios, if the Steelers or Jags lose then Bills are in as a 6th or 7th seed if they lose to Miami.

45 minutes ago, Quint said:

I don't know why the Bills are the only team in the NFL that cannot successfully run a screen pass. It's so basic. 

They don't have wr who block well.

Davis probably the best blocker. 

16 hours ago, Demoted said:

You should have watched the game he looked good.

I did. I'll look for all those explanations of how good he was in the missed throws... or his fumbles.. or.. it's not worth arguing over frankly. Josh Allen can run.. he can't throw the ball for a damn right now. The problem is a QB needs to do both..

17 hours ago, CTJoe said:

Cuz they win next week and get the 2 seed.  McDermott also has a weird-type success against Jackson.  Look around the league, a lot of "amusing" things going on to good teams.  PHI just lost to ARI at home. 

F*ck - I'd hate to read your posts after a loss.  Ugly win but a WIN

Yeah.. they get the 2 seed.. so what.  Success if winning a SB or even getting there for this team. No chance in hell they do it. PHI has lost a few games in a row because their defense or lack thereof has been exposed.

A win is a win.. but I wouldn't look at today's game and bet on the game next week.  The team is not good.  You say it yourself, it's ugly. Why insist I put lipstick on the pig?  It was an ugly win that does not inspire confidence against better opponents who can execute. I don't need to post after a loss.. what's the point?  There are a lot of fans who seem insistent that this team is better than they play.. not sure how that works... but like I said after last years season when everyone was so high on this team... "You ain't won $!@#, until you in !@#$." 

I'd figure every Buffalo fan would know that by now.

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

Absolutely.

Just take care of business and they're the 2 seed and nothing else matters.  Was merely pointing out that should they screw the pooch, there are actually 3 other games that matter, not just 2 like multiple sites were claiming.

Sure.. the 2 seed.. as I said above. They then do what? The Bills should have had 21 points in the first few minutes of the game. They are inept and a GOOD team will beat them.

54 minutes ago, Quint said:

I don't know why the Bills are the only team in the NFL that cannot successfully run a screen pass. It's so basic. 

It is. They advertise the play and still can't set up the proper blocking.

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Already posted about 5 above your post.

48 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The Bills have owned the Fish and the Fish are really banged up.  We are due for a good game after two clunkers where we played down to our competition. 

They can easily lose this game. 

8 hours ago, LTS said:

Josh Allen can run.. he can't throw the ball for a damn right now. The problem is a QB needs to do both..

Yeah.. they get the 2 seed.. so what.  Success if winning a SB or even getting there for this team. No chance in hell they do it. PHI has lost a few games in a row because their defense or lack thereof has been exposed.

A win is a win.. but I wouldn't look at today's game and bet on the game next week.  The team is not good.  You say it yourself, it's ugly. Why insist I put lipstick on the pig?  It was an ugly win that does not inspire confidence against better opponents who can execute. I don't need to post after a loss.. what's the point?  There are a lot of fans who seem insistent that this team is better than they play.. not sure how that works... but like I said after last years season when everyone was so high on this team... "You ain't won $!@#, until you in !@#$." 

I'd figure every Buffalo fan would know that by now.

Sure.. the 2 seed.. as I said above. They then do what? The Bills should have had 21 points in the first few minutes of the game. They are inept and a GOOD team will beat them.

So much negativity, and misguided.  The mere fact they have the chance to be the two seed in the AFC suggests they are good.  Number 5 in points scored, 7th in Rush yards, 5th in rush TDs, 1st in sacks allowed.  And the Defense has similar rankings amongst the remainder of the league - 4th points allowed, 1st in takeaways 3rd fumbles, 5th in interceptions.  3rd in sacks, and 1st in Pass TD’s against.  All with significant games missed by contributors like D Jones, Matt Milano and T. White. 

Is it how we thought they could gain a #2 seed in the AFC, probably not.  I didn’t anticipate losing to the Jets, New England, or Denver but such is life.  

A second seed, if they can win Sunday gives them a winnable game in the first round, and a potential rematch against a very flawed Chiefs team, only this game in the confines of Orchard Park.  Something we have been waiting to see for 4 years.  

And yes, Baltimore is superior, but it doesn’t mean the Bills can’t beat them.  They did last year, in Baltimore. 

Start 2024 with a positive outlook on the Bills and send them all your positive energy.  

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1