Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

13 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He's apt to hurt them even more if/when his massive dead money affects the team's ability to sign useful players. 

The dead money drops to a "manageable" $15MM in '25.  Prior to this latest turn of events, that was likely when they'd've parted ways with him.  (It's ~$9MM the year after that and then only ~$2MM to get out of the last year of the contract should he last that long.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I looked up the 2021 issue and the current one.  Looks like it is the same GF. 

Maybe?

My Googling also revealed that the mother of 2 of his kids (Megan Denise is the name she goes by) had a scorching Instagram/sub-tweeting beef with Von's mother. (I hate that I learned that.) But that seems to suggest that Megan Denise - the 2021 complainant - is an ex-girlfriend.

But, it would make the most sense if the alleged victim of the recent domestic violence were the same woman who called the police on Von in early 2021. 

If this were a different woman who is also apparently pregnant with Von's child? Man - we'd be moving ever so slightly towards Travis Henry territory.

Edited by That Aud Smell

49 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He's apt to hurt them even more if/when his massive dead money affects the team's ability to sign useful players. 

Understood.  The team needs to improve on the field this season.  Having him off of it, makes them better.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Is Bol Bol a famous person?

I’m not sure I’d be more mad that my significant other cheated on me with an uglier dude or a better looking dude.  Better looking I would understand I suppose.  But hiding an ugly persons salami feels painful. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m not sure I’d be more mad that my significant other cheated on me with an uglier dude or a better looking dude.  Better looking I would understand I suppose.  But hiding an ugly persons salami feels painful. 

I’m not sure you have to worry about your wife cheating with an uglier dude.

Jaw Drop Wow GIF

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Weave said:
38 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m not sure you have to worry about your wife cheating with an uglier dude.

Jaw Drop Wow GIF

Sick Burn GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can we void Miller’s contract?

People that actually follow the NFL's salary cap mechanations (not one of them personally) make is sound like the Bills would still be on the hook for the $10.7MM of next year's guaranteed contract if they did.  Apparently, the only way for the Bills to get out of having to pay him that would be to trade him to somebody else and then the other team would be on the hook for that.

But that would still leave the Bills with ~$22MM dead cap next year.  As it is, they'd be looking at $32.5MM in dead cap for '24 if he's released before June 1.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

People that actually follow the NFL's salary cap mechanations (not one of them personally) make is sound like the Bills would still be on the hook for the $10.7MM of next year's guaranteed contract if they did.  Apparently, the only way for the Bills to get out of having to pay him that would be to trade him to somebody else and then the other team would be on the hook for that.

But that would still leave the Bills with ~$22MM dead cap next year.  As it is, they'd be looking at $32.5MM in dead cap for '24 if he's released before June 1.

Aren't there clauses when a player is suspended for violating the league's personal conduct policy? I seem to remember the Pats being on the hook for Aaron Hernandez for years because they didn't wait until the league suspended him.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

2 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Aren't there clauses when a player is suspended for violating the league's personal conduct policy? I seem to remember the Pats being on the hook for Aaron Hernandez for years because they didn't wait until the league suspended him.

I asked the question because if this is considered a violation of the "morals" clause in the contract, I'd assume we could void the deal, but I'm honestly not sure.

Just now, JujuFish said:

No data.

Feel pretty comfortable with most Q's about the NHL's CBA and Cap.  The NFL's is a totally different beast.

But even in a best case, he's been paid ~$35MM to date and has only counted $13MM total against the cap and only ~$7MM of that outlay has been in signing bonus (which prorates across the entire contract) so they'd presumably only be able to get $5MM of that back; which still leaves like $18MM to find its way against the Bills cap.  (And all these numbers are from Sportrac.com FYI.)

But, until somebody that's far more versed on this subject says the Bills can claw anything back, will assume they cant.

From Tim Graham in The Athletic 

Although additional calamities may befall McDermott over the next month and half and alter the organization’s plans, four sources familiar with Terry Pegula’s thinking tell The Athletic the Bills’ owner has neither the desire nor plans to make a coaching change.

The sources requested anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak on the record.

Asked if there was any chance Pegula would fire McDermott, two of the sources replied “Zero.” The other two sources said they would be shocked if Pegula made such a move. All four sources have intimate knowledge of the Pegula-McDermott relationship.

The sources said Pegula still holds McDermott in high regard despite this year’s dip and doesn’t want to meddle with the strong working bond McDermott has with Bills general manager Brandon Beane. The Bills announced in June they had signed McDermott and Beane to contract extensions through 2027.

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Tim Graham in The Athletic 

Asked if there was any chance Pegula would fire McDermott, two of the sources replied “Zero.” The other two sources said they would be shocked if Pegula made such a move.

This makes sense and is totally unsurprising.

• Agree 2

FYI, this from PFT via Greg Cover 1 regarding whether the Bills can get some relief from Miller's contract should the allegations prove true.

IF the Bills can get off the hook for $17MM in salary / bonus guarantees, that should drop Miller's cap hit to ~$15MM.  Wonder if they'd be able to spread that over 2 years?  If so, it isn't too onerous to the Bills.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1