Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

On 9/29/2023 at 11:42 AM, Buffalonill said:

Did realize Kincaid career is over with.

I thought our fan base overreacts you guys take the cake

First, I didn't say Kincaid was bad or a bust - I'm sure that he'll be very good (possibly great) - just that moving up for him doesn't look so good when you have LaPorta taken seven spots after their original pick.  They could be equally good, but 27+130 wouldn't be as good of a value as just 34.  Second, it was a small-sample, offhand comment, not a definitive statement - "making a case ... "  In four games, yeah, LaPorta has looked great:

LaPorta - in 4 GP: 22 rec for 242 yds (avg. 11/rec) and a long of 45

Kincaid - in 3 GP: 11 rec for 72 yds (avg. 6.6/rec) and a long of 14

Usage is definitely a big part of it.  I hope that Dalton is given a chance to show what he can do.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

It is a 'must win' for the fan base.

If the Bills lose, much of the fan base will think/feel: 

-Miami has passed us, they beat us at home, we are 2 games plus a tiebreaker behind them in the division, they look bad against the Bengals with a healthy Burrow, they struggle with the Jets, and we still have to go to KC every year. No chance this team gets deep in the playoffs. 

If the Bills win:

-They are still tops in the division, after beating the much-hyped Dolphins and being 3-1, they could very well be the best team in the league, I can't see them being outclassed by ANYONE.

The truth will likely, as it almost always in, be better than the perception if they lose, and a bit lower than the perception if they win.  The other things fan bases hardly ever do is realize teams DO get better OR worse as the season progresses.  90% (or more) comments or conversations I hear about a sports team just assume whatever path a team is on today will continue until the end of the year...that is rarely true.

It’s week four.  The Bills have won the division 3X in a row.  Call me in January.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I'm surprised at how often Miami is letting the play clock run down below 10 after a run or a completion tackled in bounds.  They're not showing any urgency to get back in it

Down 28  - 4 scores with less than 8 minutes.  They know the odds.  It’s why Hill was on the sideline.

5 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Down 28  - 4 scores with less than 8 minutes.  They know the odds.  It’s why Hill was on the sideline.

That's what it was when I wrote it, but they started well before that.  If I remember, they were down 21 with over 10 minutes left, had three straight plays with big pickups, but never hurried up.