Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

The fact that the Chiefs put their eggs in the Kadarius Toney (sp?) basket is proof that every single franchise, even the great ones, will make horrendous personnel decisions based on the need to manage their money (i.e., the salary cap is mostly fake but is also sort of real). The Chiefs would have probably won if they played anyone else in Toney's place.

He also contributed heavily in the last SB.  I'm enjoying the Toney memes etc. as much as anyone, but I'm not going to evaluate him based just upon yesterday, just like I'm not going to evaluate him based just upon the SB.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He also contributed heavily in the last SB.  I'm enjoying the Toney memes etc. as much as anyone, but I'm not going to evaluate him based just upon yesterday, just like I'm not going to evaluate him based just upon the SB.

He had a nice punt return, and one catch with busted coverage for a TD, and 3 catches in the 3 playoff games, and he averages about 2 catches for 17 yards in the 8 or 9 games he's played with the best QB on the planet

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

He also contributed heavily in the last SB. 

Eh?

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

he averages about 2 catches for 17 yards in the 8 or 9 games he's played with the best QB on the planet

No stronger indictment can be had.

I heard some respected talking person remark that the guy just doesn’t have a route tree.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Eh?

Eh.

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

He had a nice punt return, and one catch with busted coverage for a TD, and 3 catches in the 3 playoff games, and he averages about 2 catches for 17 yards in the 8 or 9 games he's played with the best QB on the planet

That TD turned the tide, though.  I'm not saying I love the guy, but I am saying he has his ups and downs.

57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Eh.

That TD turned the tide, though.  I'm not saying I love the guy, but I am saying he has his ups and downs.

Watch it again lol, it was literally busted coverage. He went into motion then stopped. He then caught the easiest pass in the world with nobody within 10 yards of him. No skill involved, just benefitting from Reid and an eagles gaffe. He didn't have to beat anyone and didn't run a route that you can even give a name to. 

It is not unreasonable in general to discuss a young player on a trajectory but Toney has not even shown a trace of being able to stay on the field, let alone talk of having any sort of development arc. He got hurt on the THIRD snap of training camp! And didn't get back on the field until game week, and it is clear he wasn't ready to go. You can't have a trajectory if you've never shown a trace of being a real receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Great example of what looking great in the preseason actually means.

San Fran the only team firing on all cylinders through the first halves. 

Deshaun Watson is completely shot. You just HATE to see it

I am usually not one for attempting to injure, but I hope opponents are gunning to take him out every chance they get. 

Then again, what % of the NFL consists of upstanding individuals, I honestly don't know. 

Also, I try not to put as much stock in week 1 as teams will look completely different, even in weeks 2 and 3

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am usually not one for attempting to injure, but I hope opponents are gunning to take him out every chance they get. 

Then again, what % of the NFL consists of upstanding individuals, I honestly don't know. 

Also, I try not to put as much stock in week 1 as teams will look completely different, even in weeks 2 and 3

Oh yeah, I'm enjoying a lot of what I see, but there is a long way to go. 

I'm not usually a "imagine if the situations were reversed guy" but it's interesting to see the leeway Burrow and Mahomes get for bad performances compared to Josh. I haven't seen Josh look as bad as Burrow does since at LEAST the Jags game 2 years ago, and maybe not since 2019 vs NE

Cinci is a weak September team I guess. They turn it up when they need to, late in the year, but this sort of thing can lead to a lot of road playoff games

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I have a couple neighbors that are giants fans.  Listening to them last week, they pretty much believed that Dabol was the Buffalo Bills over the last couple years.  I wonder what they think today.

The number of times I read that we should have ditched McD to keep daboll on two bills drive this summer.