Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

I feel better about this team this year than I did about lasts years AFC front runners.  I like the team being out of the spotlight.  

The key to the season is always Josh Allen, and he will need a better job from the OL than he got last year.  The OL has to be better with the additions at guard but I am still concerned about OT, especially RT.   

I like adding Damien Harris and Latavius Murray with Cook.  I like Dalton Kincaid and I hope they can work him into the game plan right away.  Need Diggs to be a leader and make plays.  Need more consistency from Davis.  

On defense we are getting older and it will be interesting to see if they are better under McD.  We are going to see what kind of hole Edmunds left at LB.  Milano is back and is the best player on the defense right now.  Christian Kirksey (LB) is a good vet pick up and /i hope he get to play soon.   The veteran safeties are back which is good but they are another year older.  Tre White is a guy we really need to turn back to form.  We need Von Miller to be Von Miller when he gets back.  Rousseau and Oliver need to step up and be consistent.   We added a few vets on the DL like Floyd (DE) and Poona (DT) that could help.  

A new season is upon us with lots of questions and hopes along way.  Tonight is a big game, like all division games.  The Jets will be gunning for us with their new QB.  The crowd will be whipped up by the 911 ceremony, and the media will be fawning too.  The Bills tend to do well in these national TV regular season big show downs.   

Bills - 31

Jets - 20 

Go Bills!   

Jets defense is the most impressive unit I"ve seen in week 1 so far. The Bills just need to keep grinding. You can get your big plays and big numbers next week. Get out of this one with a win. Nobody is getting open, Dorsey has had some beautiful play designs to manufacture space so far. 

23 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Offense looks confusing. Is Dorsey still the OC? If so, I'd seriously consider firing his ass with these results.

I'm telling you man, a juiced up defense that has the 2nd highest pressure rate with the lowest blitz percentage AND the best secondary in the league, is not something you come out and light up. They didn't allow 250 yards passing in a single game last year. The Bills are doing a good job, need to clean up a few things and take advantage of no Rodgers

• Like (+1) 2

Against a front like this, I would tell you that screens and draws that let the pass rush carry itself past the play is what you want to do. Use Cook and Harty etc, only take the shots when you see Diggs or Davis beat his guy. That's what they're doing. This team is locked in, just has to stay that way and keep playing.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jets defense is the most impressive unit I"ve seen in week 1 so far. The Bills just need to keep grinding. You can get your big plays and big numbers next week. Get out of this one with a win. Nobody is getting open, Dorsey has had some beautiful play designs to manufacture space so far. 

I'm telling you man, a juiced up defense that has the 2nd highest pressure rate with the lowest blitz percentage AND the best secondary in the league, is not something you come out and light up. They didn't allow 250 yards passing in a single game last year. The Bills are doing a good job, need to clean up a few things and take advantage of no Rodgers

I can't help myself, I want 56 points every game 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Me too! 

No doubt these guys are going to be coaching up Kirksey as quick as they can, Bernard is getting lost it looks like. Situational blitzer only. Weird draft pick

That Milano penalty hurt this drive though. There is always something to clean up every season. This one is no different. I know the Jets D is tough, but I really cannot allow the Bills a crutch, they have a very talented offensive weapon stable, and a league top tier QB in his prime, I not only expect better overall performance, I demand it as a fan. It is what it is 😉

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

That Milano penalty hurt this drive though. There is always something to clean up every season. This one is no different. I know the Jets D is tough, but I really cannot allow the Bills a crutch, they have a very talented offensive weapon stable, and a league top tier QB in his prime, I not only expect better overall performance, I demand it as a fan. It is what it is 😉

Yeah they can always execute better. My main point would be that I liked the play calling on balance that half. Still have another half to go, Wilson beat us when we were up 14-3 last year.

ESPN with a ridiculous segment which is what happens when their only storyline for the game was Aaron Rodgers

Aaron looked old AF even before the injury. We are abusing those tackles

Just now, Indabuff said:

Thought they were booing cuz they called a TO and then took a knee which is strange. 

He was playing for the kickoff

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yeah they can always execute better. My main point would be that I liked the play calling on balance that half. Still have another half to go, Wilson beat us when we were up 14-3 last year.

I do like the softening up approach with the underneath game. I'm still baffled as to why Dorsey doesn't spread the field more and open the middle stretch routes for a TE or 2, or the quick cut and go up the sideline routes. So far it's been all short, but I concur, it's working so far.

Edited by Scottysabres