GDT Sabres at Kings, Feb. 13, 2023, 10:30 pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

17 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is me.
His career save percentage in Rochester is sub .900. He was never good here in ROC.  
Looking at his numbers in Buffalo, they’re tanking: 3.43, .896. 

To me, he’s been “good” once out of his last five starts (Minn), and I’m not even sure that counts because he didn’t stop a single shootout attempt. 

I’m ready to give Comrie an extended look. 

Nah. One game. If he plays quite well, get him another. 

Can’t prioritize getting him an extended look over team performance 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is me.
His career save percentage in Rochester is sub .900. He was never good here in ROC.  

To me, he’s been “good” once out of his last five starts (Minn), and I’m not even sure that counts because he didn’t stop a single shootout attempt. 

I'm somewhat in agreement with you.

UPL looks like he can be good, but he is just so young. Often times goalies need years before you get the best out of him. He has shown flashes he has it in him, which is good, but he is NOT playing like even an above average NHL goalie yet.

I want to see Comrie. I want to see him get an extended run just to see him play.

UPL has earned a spot on this team next year, he's earned the right to fight for the #1 goalie next year when Anderson is gone. He has earned the right to get more NHL games this year....his play to me, however, has NOT earned him the #1 goalie on this team right now.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Scrambling the lines in Granato's way of sending a message to his players.

If the effort level returns, I'd expect the lines go back to normal... perhaps by the second or third period.

Will you be attending this week’s games in SoCal?

Since JJ Peterka is a healthy scratch tonight, would it be wise to send him down to the Amerks for a bit and call up someone else (Biro, Rousek or Weissbach)? Seems to me he needs to reload, get some scoring confidence back. I'm not sure his waiver eligibility so I could be wrong. Anyway, just a thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is me.

UPL is a big reason why we got back into playoff contention. Quite the trick to do that while "sucking."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've watched every game since Granato became head coach. The journey is the most enjoyable part.

Precisely. Fast forwarding to the trench run is fun upon rewatch, but you don't do that the first time in the theatre. You build to the finale.

(Admittedly, the Calgary game was dreadfully smelly garbage that needs to be dumped before jumping to light speed.) It'll be fun to see how the team responds.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Precisely. Fast forwarding to the trench run is fun upon rewatch, but you don't do that the first time in the theatre. You build to the finale.

(Admittedly, the Calgary game was dreadfully smelly garbage that needs to be dumped before jumping to light speed.) It'll be fun to see how the team responds.

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

I Like This The Phantom Menace GIF by Star Wars

the phantom menace GIF by Star Wars

Oscar worthy performances……

Edited by Spoonman
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I am trying SO hard, but the yawns are more frequent, the lids are heavy and the eyes want the contacts out, and my legs want pjs rather than pants....

Zoom life REQUIRES PJs w a golf shirt. Why are you wearing PANTS?

4 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Well, so much for sleep. I'm riding a school bus back from a basketball tournament where our 715 game didn't START until 845. And if course it's an hour away from school and I live 20 more minutes past that so maybe I will catch some of this game after all. 

Always a bright side. Did you win?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.