GDT Florida @ Buffalo 1pm MSG

Getpucksdeep

12 minutes ago, Believer said:

Unbelievable… Granato sends them out flat in a 3rd period down two goals… again… How many times is it now??  His game planning, messaging, and ability to motivate are not NHL caliber… Still a development coach… Granato needs to grow his game, not just the kids

I can agree that DG needs to grow his game, coaches don't know it all, continuous learning is required.  Granato will admit to that. He will end up reaching a peak with this team, just like every coach on every team before him.  

I can't buy into him sending them out flat.  That is on the guys in the blue sweaters.  Coaches pep talks are the legend of movies.  Sure, a coach can inspire and motivate a team, but this is an 82 games season.     They know who Florida is, they know what the standings say, they know they are playing a kids matinee and they need to win the fan base back.  It is on the players in the locker room to be ready and accountable.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Irritating game...didn't think the Sabres played terribly, just got a weird bounce of the first and then their normal start of the 3rd period mental vacation goal...

Outside of that I thought it was even and Bobrobsky made some good saves for them.

Sabres gotta learn how to play better against this type of team...

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So apparently the Sabres thought the game started at 3, eh?

Nope… They thought it started with 10 minutes left…

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I can agree that DG needs to grow his game, coaches don't know it all, continuous learning is required.  Granato will admit to that. He will end up reaching a peak with this team, just like every coach on every team before him.  

I can't buy into him sending them out flat.  That is on the guys in the blue sweaters.  Coaches pep talks are the legend of movies.  Sure, a coach can inspire and motivate a team, but this is an 82 games season.     They know who Florida is, they know what the standings say, they know they are playing a kids matinee and they need to win the fan base back.  It is on the players in the locker room to be ready and accountable.   

Agree. Coaches tearing into teams in today's world isn't effective and if it is it's short lived. Don't think it's coaching anyway. We're young and inconsistent and defensive play isn't there. Players need to learn a two way game. We have a lot of talent still learning how to win consistently.

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

can't buy into him sending them out flat

Really??… Go back and count the times in the last month… in the last four straight home losses… we gave up a goal in the first couple three minutes of the 3rd period… That’s on the Coach and the players… You and I just disagree… That’s ok… Not as sold on Granato as most here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

I am pretty sure this coach has taken them as far as he can. The Sabres have been figured out and there do not seem to be any adjustments. There will be some coaches fired at the end of the year so there should be some decent options.

Granato isn’t going anywhere 

• Agree 4

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Irritating game...didn't think the Sabres played terribly, just got a weird bounce of the first and then their normal start of the 3rd period mental vacation goal...

Outside of that I thought it was even and Bobrobsky made some good saves for them.

Sabres gotta learn how to play better against this type of team...

The Panthers played defense unlike the Sabres. Halfway through the third and Thompson had 2 SOG. Like I said earlier, they put a clinic on for the rest of the league on how to contain Tage. 

Edited by Sidc3000
I hate IOS keyboard
  • Agree 1

One last comment… Did you see that Panther batter Quinn behind the net with a half minute left in the game??… Boarded, Elbowed to the head, Cross-checked hard twice to the ice… No response from a teammate… None… That’s unacceptable… Guy should have been swarmed before heading to the penalty box… Should have given the Panthers a message… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Believer said:

Really??… Go back and count the times in the last month… in the last four straight home losses… we gave up a goal in the first couple three minutes of the 3rd period… That’s on the Coach and the players… You and I just disagree… That’s ok… Not as sold on Granato as most here

Not happy with the start of the 3rd period or the finish of the periods either.   I am big on not giving up this kinds of goals.   

I think today was all on the players but it is almost always the coach that gets the blame.  The old adage is you can fire the coach easier than 20 players. 

The players on this team need to step up.  They must assume accountability for their performance.  We need more players that hate to lose, not better pep talks.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Not happy with the start of the 3rd period or the finish of the periods either.   I am big on not giving up this kinds of goals.   

I think today was all on the players but it is almost always the coach that gets the blame.  The old adage is you can fire the coach easier than 20 players. 

The players on this team need to step up.  They must assume accountability for their performance.  We need more players that hate to lose, not better pep talks.  

Hate to lose?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.