GDT: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche, 15 December 2022, 9:00 PM ET: MSG, WGR

Doohickie

Well that was fairly impressive. 

Probably the first time this year I've seen good team defense. Seen the offense many times but this was a 2 way game and a complete win. 

Krebs might be coming along after all. 

I guess it's safe to say KA got the contract extensions right. Tage and Mule are both dominant players in their own way. 

No complaints. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well that was fairly impressive. 

Probably the first time this year I've seen good team defense. Seen the offense many times but this was a 2 way game and a complete win. 

Krebs might be coming along after all. 

I guess it's safe to say KA got the contract extensions right. Tage and Mule are both dominant players in their own way. 

No complaints. 

They're at .500 now too sort of  

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Hard to shadow a defenseman ... especially when they have the last line change.  

They need to worry about Rasmus Dahlin too.  

Not really. You clog the middle like Pittsburgh did and pick him up at center. Your forecheckers deal with him in his own end. But we don't do that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sabres were 7-3-0 before the 0-8 November slide. Since then they are 7-3-2.

Hopefully we start getting d-men back so we don’t risk another slide.  Boosh is a great 5/6 d-man on this team, but Power is 23min a night and I don’t want to rely on  Pilut/Fitz/Bryson/Clague long-term to cover those minutes. 

Clague has looked a lot better with more reps, but Pilut/Fitz/Bryson don’t inspire confidence when they are forced to play over 14min a game.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

The Mule with 31+ minutes TOI. Damn.

The Mule is such a smart player for someone so young. He is not dazzling like Dahlin or regularly carries the puck into the offensive zone like Power does. He simply efficiently gets the puck out of his zone. His hockey instincts are exceptional. He reads and reacts to plays as well as some of the top tier defensemen in the league. Although he isn't what I would call a banger, when it is required he is capable of driving the player he is covering through the boards. He is a genuine top pairing player. Already, I consider him an anchor player for us. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Hopefully we start getting d-men back so we don’t risk another slide.  Boosh is a great 5/6 d-man on this team, but Power is 23min a night and I don’t want to rely on  Pilut/Fitz/Bryson/Clague long-term to cover those minutes. 

Clague has looked a lot better with more reps, but Pilut/Fitz/Bryson don’t inspire confidence when they are forced to play over 14min a game.

Bryson is caught out of position too much.  Fitz seems a touch slow, and his stick always seems to fall out of his hands. 

Pilut isn't a great defenseman at taking the puck away, but he moves it OK for the most part.  He was better in this one at challenging forwards a bit more on zone entry.  He at least seems to be the best fit from a style perspective.  

Just now, JohnC said:

The Mule is such a smart player for someone so young. He is not dazzling like Dahlin or regularly carries the puck into the offensive zone like Power does. He simply efficiently gets the puck out of his zone. His hockey instincts are exceptional. He reads and reacts to plays as well as some of the top tier defensemen in the league. Although he isn't what I would call a banger, when it is required he is capable of driving the player he is covering through the boards. He is a genuine top pairing player. Already, I consider him an anchor player for us. 

The key i think to him and dahlin working together so well is - it isn't just one of them that plays on their off side exclusively.  They fluidly kind of move to either side and both play each side pretty well.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Ya, is Clague like good? He looked good last night, sure hope that continues. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.