GDT: πŸ’ Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche, 15 December 2022, 9:00 PM ET: MSG, WGR

Doohickie

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Thompson somehow gets the assist even though Colorado touched it in between lolΒ 

Nm they took it away.Β 

.500 again. Hopefully we don’t see below that mark again this season. Third was dicey play but pretty decent win on the road.Β 

2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Clayey played 23:56 today, while Fitzgerald played 14:24 and Pilut played 18:34. Is Clague now 7th on the depth chart when fully healthy? Could he beat out Bryson?

7 - probably.Β  He's definitely passed Pilut.Β  Has likely passed Fitzgerald.Β  Doubt he's ahead of Bryson in management's eyes, but hopefully we'll find out soon.

Just now, Taro T said:

As expected, they got 60 minutes out of those top 2.Β  And they were almost all hard minutes because out of necessity they were usually on the ice w/ one of the bottom 3.

They were rocks out there. And Power will soon be able to do that, too. They'll be able to hide their 5/6 pair and dominate games soon enough.

But yes... tonight was like the Edmonton game to start the season where they were just hanging on and all the Corsi numbers took a dive. They won both though thanks to goaltending and sticking together and battling.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

They were rocks out there. And Power will soon be able to do that, too. They'll be able to hide their 5/6 pair and dominate games soon enough.

But yes... tonight was like the Edmonton game to start the season where they were just hanging on and all the Corsi numbers took a dive. They won both though thanks to goaltending and sticking together and battling.

Heck, in about 2 years (maybe even next year) unless they're playing a true top team they'll be able to hide the 4 too when necessary.Β  Would REALLY like to see Adams find a way to get Power his own Samuelsson.

• Like (+1) 1

First 3 ten game stretches to start the seasonΒ 

7-3-0, 14 points, 115 point pace

2-8-0, 4 points, 33 point pace

5-3-2, 12 points, 98 point pace

.. will the up-down-up alternating nature continue or have we now found consistency?Β 

Interestingly enough, we’ve played at a playoff pace in both the 1st and 3rd stretches, and it’s that one streak currently keeping us out of a playoff pace/spot.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Nm they took it away.Β 

.500 again. Hopefully we don’t see below that mark again this season. Third was dicey play but pretty decent win on the road.Β 

You know we are at .500, I know we are at .500, and the vast majority of the rational thinking world knows we are at .500 and yet, there are some in these very parts who would argue otherwise. Whaddya gonna do?

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Back in 72, he was just starting with this big hit.Β Β 

Would you believe I was actually going to post that but when I typed rocky mountain into the search they both popped up and decided to go with the grittier sound of Rocky Mountain Way?

Β 

Also:Β  John Denver went to high school 5 miles from where I currently live.

Edited by Doohickie

Dahlin, 2nd in d-man scoring, to within 3 of EK after 2 more points (and the gWg) in nearly 29 minutes of ice time on the road in W.Β 

First overall pick is first overall pick. Enjoy the ride.Β 

The best player I’ve seen in a Sabres uniform since Hasek.Β 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Would you believe I was actually going to post that but when I typed rocky mountain into the search they both popped up and decided to go with the grittier sound of Rocky Mountain Way?

Β 

Also:Β  John Denver went to high school 5 miles from where I currently live.

Both are great tunes in their own right!Β Β 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.