GDT: πŸ’ Los Angeles Kings @ Buffalo Sabres) 13 December 2022' 7:00 PM ET* MSG! WGR?

Doohickie

43 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sabres are 0-11-1 when scoring 3 or less goals this season. What a wild stat. It’s super positive in a way because there’s clear runway for improvement, but also a massive indictment on the goaltending approachΒ 

I swear I read somewhere (on the internet) that the Sabres have only scored less than 3 goals once this year. Are we in the record books yet?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I swear I read somewhere (on the internet) that the Sabres have only scored less than 3 goals once this year. Are we in the record books yet?

There’s that thread thats lying in its title, yaΒ 

Granted, the stat I mentioned includes β€œ3”, it entails 3 or less goals. Which is why it’s so crazy imo, you should win games occasionally when scoring 3.Β 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Sabres are 0-11-1 when scoring 3 or less goals this season. What a wild stat. It’s super positive in a way because there’s clear runway for improvement, but also a massive indictment on the goaltending approachΒ 

That just may say something about our defense/goaltending.

Β 

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There’s that thread thats lying in its title, yaΒ 

Granted, the stat I mentioned includes β€œ3”, it entails 3 or less goals. Which is why it’s so crazy imo, you should win games occasionally when scoring 3.Β 

There's no doubt that the Sabres have the makings of an offense rivaling many of the old time teams. The problem is that they don't presently have a GT as capable as Grant Fuhr who made the HOF with something like a GAA of 3.38 and a save percentage of .887. Times have changed, eh? I can remember that the defense of his mediocre stats was that "he made the timely and important saves".Β 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It would be interesting to know how that compares league-wide. I imagine not favorably.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Radar said:

That just may say something about our defense/goaltending.

Β 

It says a lot about our ability to stop pucks. While I'm a defender of the Sabre's rebuild plan and their approach to creating an offensive identity it sure would be nice to have avoided Comrie's injury and the need to be icing AHL defensemen.Β 

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Go goatheads!

I want Asplund to have a solid game so that DG has to consider scratching VO or Mitts when Skinner comes back. He isn’t scoring much but is not the liability those two are.

While I like Asplund it would be great if Mitts and Ollie play well enough to stay on the ice.Β