GDT: Sabres at Penguins, Saturday, Dec. 10, 2022, 7 p.m., MSG

PASabreFan

26 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Actually, Skinner and Guentzel are listed at the same height, 5'11"    Skinner has 17 pounds on him if you can believe the listed information.  Skins is listed at 197 lb.  Seems like he is smaller to me.  

With Skinners superior edge work he can probably handle himself ok.  

Perception v reality. Thankfully, in this case reality is winning.

Emotion Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

& Skinner w 5 for fighting….

So, just wondering how your predictions are going this year @Zamboni? Do you keep track?! 😉

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

No I don’t keep track. But I’m sure it’s not a good record 😂

I get the goal scorers more right then I get the final score or the winner of the game 🤔

I’m probably around 35% accurate with the winner of games. Around 15% as to the final score, And around 50% accurate with one of the three who I guess scoring a goal. 

So follow me for more gambling sure bets!! 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

When I came here I wasn't expecting to get a tutorial on sex and punctuation. I disagree with your lesson plan and suggest that your advice be focused on instructing pupils to avoid colons and periods when having sex, revenge type or not. 

Lol well played sir.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, sabresouth said:

I would be willing to bet Skinner feels bad about it as well and has made amends with his teammates and coaches. It was the heat of the moment thing and just about every player in his career does something like that that cost the team a win.  I'm in noway excusing his actions.  I would feel more aggravated if this was a chronic thing. He does a pretty good job of being our pest to other teams. I believe this is his first incident as a sabre. I think someone has said it's been 10 years since his last suspension. I hope the team can put this behind them and focus on winning this game tonight. 

All his teammates appreciated his defense of their goalie. To hell with the consequences.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

There's no way that Whiner Crosby would get two games for it.  In any event, if Skinner gets some time to cool his heels, fine.  I'm really angry about that move last night.

Perhaps.. as put above, Matthews was suspended. Then again, I doubt that last year Tage Thompson draws that "tripping" penalty from Crosby.  It happens.

• dislike 1

11 minutes ago, LTS said:

Perhaps.. as put above, Matthews was suspended. Then again, I doubt that last year Tage Thompson draws that "tripping" penalty from Crosby.  It happens.

I actually thought that penalty was legit--both in and of itself, and as a makeup call for the holding that was ignored about a minute earlier.

• dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I hope that this doesn't cause the Sabres to temper their pugilistic efforts.  The fact that they seem to be a brotherhood and have each others' backs has not been lost on me.  Time and place are considerations, of course, but keep it up, boys.  I want to see more of it tonight.  The Pens will not have forgotten.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Ok who’s getting promoted to the top line to fill in for Skinner. 

Not likely to happen, and maybe creates a hole down the line-up, but for a short-term period how good would Cozens be on the wing with Thompson and Tuch? Gives Krebs a chance to play with Quinn and Peterka and Asplund gets in with Girgs and Okposo. 

Cozens/Thompson/Tuch

Mittelstadt/Jost/Olofsson

Quinn/Krebs/Peterka

Girgensens/Asplund/Okposo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.