2023 World Juniors

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I hope KA is still in touch with Suchanek.

He has a .935 SV% in 5 WJ games.

Agree he is having a great tourney and KA should be interested, but Czechia has one of the most impressive overall D corp I’ve seen in a while at the U20 as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

I hope KA is still in touch with Suchanek.

He has a .935 SV% in 5 WJ games.

Suchanek sounds like something they would have said on Welcome back Cotter.

“Up your nose with a rubber hose”

“oh yeah, go suck a neck”

• Haha (+1) 2

I missed this game today but looking at the overtime highlights it seemed like a Sabre prospect was going to be the hero regardless of what team won.

Rosen with a beautiful individual play that was close, Östlund getting a puck through and sitting on the goal line, and Kulich with the winner.  Great show from our 3 prospects in case anyone else missed seeing the game. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Bedard is really good. Everyone knows this. Interestingly Shane Wright has not impressed so I guess maybe Montreal etc. were right about Wright.

Rosen was not impressive. Kulich made some good plays, scored the goal, but I thought his play overall was inconsistent. Spacek does look like a promising pick for whoever has him (Wild?)

At this point Snuggerud and Gaucher, and maybe Bischel look like better picks than Östlund. (too early to pronounce judgement of course)

If it's true that those goalies are free and unattached I'd look at trying to get one if I was KA. 

Rosen had a nice rush, beating a couple of Dmen and getting a decent scoring chance. A few shots on the PP were not great.

I thought Östlund had a good game, he played well at both ends and the coach played him in OT.

Kulich was good, he played quite a bit on the perimeter but the winning goal was a drive to the net. He is their trigger man on the PP.

Shane Wright asserted himself physically vs the USA, he still lacks high end skill imo.

Milic is another undrafted goalie who played well in this tournament.

Joshua Roy is a good player, Habs got him in the 5th round.

Luke Hughes is a riverboat gambler, similar to his brother Quinn. I didn’t see much D from him.

Czechia is the only team to have beaten Canada and they look good. I hope it will be a great gold medal game today.

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think, yes. 

I’ve read some stuff on the CBA that says the window for signing undrafted CHL guys is closed when their CHL season starts.

If they are 20, it sounds like they are UFAs and can play an overage season in the CHL.

It gets muddied a bit in Suchanek’s case because he is an import who has been loaned to the CHL club by his Euro team. The Euro team holds his rights as he is undrafted.

I am not sure if he could be signed once his CHL season is over, or if the Euro team needs to be paid off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.