2023 World Juniors

LGR4GM

Thanks for the updates.  Tried to DVR the game but lost power for 7 hours and had issues firing up the generator for a few of those.  (So cold, the pull starter rewind spring wouldn't rewind it.  Took a LONG time to rewind it poking a couple of screw drivers through the guard & then took several pulls to get it to actually fire.)

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

That was impressive by Bischel.  Great speed for a big man after stripping Kimmel of the puck in OT

Dallas Stars have been excellent at drafting over the last few years.  Robertson , Johnson and Bischel off the top of my head 

Stankoven and Borque too 

Östlund is LW on a line with Ohgren and Lysell and they've looked good but haven't scored. And I didn't see it live, only on a replay, but Östlund got in alone and made a solid deke to the forehand but the goalie got his pad down for it. He's on right circle on the PP, with Lekkerimaki as the extra forward on the blue line. (I assume that's PP1)

Rosen is skating with Carlsson and LA's pick Bystedt. Rosen corralled a turnover, then patiently buried it. His assist was a wheel from behind the net, shot off the goalie and Bystedt was there for the easy rebound goal.

Both Östlund and Rosen are quick, but very tiny.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Two or less said:

Czechia up 5-2 mid-way through the second.

The goalie for the Czech's Suchanek is the kid who was at Sabres dev camp last summer. He's playing great tonight. He's gonna get really tested in the third. Huge upset brewing though

I think he was at rookie camp too. He was solid tonight, big win for him. KA should sign him before other teams jump ahead.

It is not like he is a sure thing but another G in the system is not a bad thing. He is used to seeing a lot of rubber, Tri City was giving up close to 40 shots a game last year.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Savoie would have made the difference ….lol 

I missed it. What was the reason he isn't there? Was he just not considered as good as the players chosen or was there another reason?

I've only seen bits and pieces so far but Kulich looks like he can be a real sniper with good net drive but on the downside he waits around a little too much and lets others do the dirty work. Rosen has skills but looks like a child. Not sure if he can be NHL material without getting substantially bigger/stronger. 

Rosen should be credited with Swedens first goal again today.   Puck seems to have gone off his shin pads.  
was just starting to wonder if it’s time we start getting excited about him?   Of course there will be those who think he needs to get bigger and stronger (post above 👆)  but somehow forget guys like Marner, Kane and Gaudreau exist 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Eleven said:

Canada can't pass tonight.

Not that it matters; it's just their first step in the normal plan of blowing the first game and then winning every other game for the remainder of the freaking tournament.

Historically they have done terrible when losing their first game. I don’t think they’ve won the tournament once after losing the opener. I could be wrong as I don’t have that info in front of me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.