GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7:30pm, TNT, WGR, and Inkman's mother-in-law's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Great game. Great comeback. Whiney bitchy pens. Loved it. The officials let a lot of hooking and holding go near the end there for the pens. S’pose those guys were tired. 

The thing that stood out to me about the Pens, even when they were ahead if anything happened to them, a penalty,scoring chance allowed....it was visible they were losing their cool about it very often.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

With the number of injuries to our blue line Power is stepping up and becoming an anchor defenseman for us. I just hope neither he or Dahlin gets hurt. 

I'm not sure how much ice time Krebs got in this game but when out there he has been battling like a bulldog for the puck and floating less. 

Dahline with almost 30 minutes.  Krebs at the bottom with just a tad over 10 minutes.

I think Dahlin and Power for a decade might be not bad.

A big killer last year was the backbreaking goals that Toker, Dell and crew would let in.

Comrie hasn’t let in stinkers. I can’t blame him on the 3 tonight.

Just getting your goalies to make the saves that should be made is a big plus.

Mitts needs to stick with the crew cut, looks good on him.

Thinking of the young guys on the team and then thinking of Savoie, Kulich, Levi etc coming along is a lot of fun.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Dahlin played a ridiculous 29:25 in this game, tallying 2 assists , 5 SoG, 4 blocks, 2 hits and was a +1

Awesome but I really, really hope this doesn't continue or he'll have nothing left in the playoffs

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Dahline with almost 30 minutes.  Krebs at the bottom with just a tad over 10 minutes.

Krebs didn't get much playing time in this game but in the last couple of games he has exhibited a grittier style of play. There is less floating and a lot more battling for the puck. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Since getting blown out by Florida on March 6th and starting with that win over Vegas at home, the Sabres are 21-10-3. That's a 108.5 point pace. I'm coming around to the thought that we are THAT good.

Something else interesting:

-From late november until the end of February last year. (when Olofsson got hurt) He went 30 straight games played without a goal, and was goal-less in 35 of 36 games.

-Since then (March 1st) he has played 38 games and scored 21 goals.   35 games in a row without a goal, then followed up by 21 goals in 38 games (45+ goal pace)

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It was probably said upthread, but I’ll say it here: It was fun to see the Sabre moms getting plenty of camera time on TNT.

My only issue with this was personal.
I remarked to myself that I’m now at the age where they’re in my wheelhouse. 
Not the wives or girlfriends. But the moms. That one hit hard. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Something else interesting:

-From late november until the end of February last year. (when Olofsson got hurt) He went 30 straight games played without a goal, and was goal-less in 35 of 36 games.

-Since then (March 1st) he has played 38 games and scored 21 goals.   35 games in a row without a goal, then followed up by 21 goals in 38 games (45+ goal pace)

That wrist injury needed time to properly heal. That and didn’t he start using a new stick? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.