GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7:30pm, TNT, WGR, and Inkman's mother-in-law's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

This was a defining win for a young team.  They got down 2 goals to a veteran laden desperate team and just destroyed them after the first 5-6 minutes of the 2nd period.  

Best game yet by Power.  PP is so much better with Quinn in it.  JJP’s ability to hold into the puck was key to VO’s first goal.  Also Krebs’ best game in a long time.

DG had Mitts and VO on the ice at the end of the game.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Sabres beat themselves for first two periods. Holding sticks too tightly.  Penguins weren’t skating, we’re a little physical, but not skating.  They wire down in the third and we turned it up - 

Comrie had another bad start line but I thought he played well. Lots of breakaways. 

Power looked good finally. No defensive blunders. Fake shot that fooled the entire arena leading to a goal. Glad to finally see it click, he had a rough first handful of games. 

We’re surviving the Fitz/Bryson/Clague because Dahlin is playing literally half the game. 

Thompson invisible all game then gets what, three points?  I don’t like Tuch being away from him, but we will probably see another game of it. 

Team sticking up for each other. Never giving up. Girgensons and Okposo clinching the game with pure effort. Pugilism and attitude up and down. Are you not entertained?

Playoffs!

Bad start? Comrie? Did you not notice the 2-in-1's?

11 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I love this team.

10 games in:

Olofsson - 8, Tage & Tuch - 7, Dahlin - 6 goals

Hard to believe Krueger's slumber offense was less than 2 years ago.

This is a damn good hockey team. There will be bumps in the road ahead, but we need to remember that THIS is what they're capable of.

I honestly don’t think there Have to be bumps in the road anymore. It’s time to take off.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It was probably said upthread, but I’ll say it here: It was fun to see the Sabre moms getting plenty of camera time on TNT.

One of them had number 23 on. Since we no longer have one on the team I’m wondering who that was?

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think we did a little bit of a rope a dope and caught a tired team in the third.

Can’t teach what Girgs brings. 

Girgs racing to get to the puck and battle to keep it on the boards at the end of the game was an inspiring play that symbolized how much heart this team has compared to previous teams. More than any play in this game it got me stoked up! 

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.