Dahlin breaks the NHL record for consecutive games with a goal to start the season by Dman against Calgary!(UPDATE)

matter2003

• matter2003 changed the title to Dahlin breaks the NHL record for consecutive games with a goal to start the season by Dman against Calgary!(UPDATE)
1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Bridging him was so obviously the incorrect move by Adams. Urgh.

Oh well, file it under "good problems"

It was.  But really believe it was a product of the timing of when the deal needed to get worked out & the uncertainty of the world's (& more specifically the Pegulas' & NHL's) finances.  Adams seems astute on enough other items to believe events were as much a consideration in that negotiation as Dahlin's hockey acumen was.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Bridging him was so obviously the incorrect move by Adams. Urgh.

Oh well, file it under "good problems"

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It was.  But really believe it was a product of the timing of when the deal needed to get worked out & the uncertainty of the world's (& more specifically the Pegulas' & NHL's) finances.  Adams seems astute on enough other items to believe events were as much a consideration in that negotiation as Dahlin's hockey acumen was.

Blame Ralph Krueger.  He screwed Dahlin up so much, he was barely worth the deal he got. I can’t believe how absolutely awful RK jacked this dude up. We wanted to trade him for Pennie’s on the dollar or better yet send him to Rochester.  What a terrible coach that Jack ass was.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Blame Ralph Krueger.  He screwed Dahlin up so much, he was barely worth the deal he got. I can’t believe how absolutely awful RK jacked this dude up. We wanted to trade him for Pennie’s on the dollar or better yet send him to Rochester.  What a terrible coach that Jack ass was.  

But the fact we message board posters knew it was Krueger, that he had deflated Dahlin's value, was *all the more reason* to lock him up, then

Instead, we've waited for Dahlin to "prove" it. 

Well, he did 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Pay me ten million dollars. 

no. 

okay bridge. 

Ya I mean I can't prove a negative, I only have past NHL precedent and the words the parties have actually said to go by. 

Maybe Dahlin did say that.

- - - 

If he asked for 10 mil THEN, I shudder to think what he'll ask for NOW

Especially when it seems like he "doesn't want to be here" if he's throwing around numbers like that 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

I think this seems the most accurate. It doesn't excuse the decision from my POV (that's ok, we don't seriously need him to get EVERY decision right, do we?) but it seems a valid and logical explantation for some of the reason it may have went down the way it did. 

More likely than Dahlin being extravagant in his requests, IMO, by quite a bit 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Something not being mentioned in the above discussions: say we signed Dahlin for 8 years after his ELC. He ends up 29 when his contract ends. It would have been cheaper contract, but when it’s up we either re-sign with term or likely lose him. Now if we sign him for 8 after his contract ends, he will be 32 and a good age to move on from, or signed to a more reasonable deal. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.