GDT Preseason: Sabres @ Penguins 10/7/2022, 7pm, MSG (Pens Broadcast), WGR

LGR4GM

We take on the Penguins and if we want to be a playoff contender, this is a team we need to start beating. They are top heavy and lack depth which Buffalo has to take advantage of to be successful.

I expect Comrie in goal and a healthy dose of all the bubble players and young guys.  

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

For anyone else in Canada, tomorrow's Pens game is supposed to be on Sportsnet Now for free. A replay should be available for a day as well if you miss it. 

Good info here if you are one of our Canadian fans

• Thanks (+1) 2

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT Preseason: Sabres @ Penguins 10/7/2022, 7pm, MSG (Pens Broadcast), WGR
14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Interestingly there are no flights to or from Pittsburgh today. The last flight with the Sabres (Former?) Charter Company out of Buffalo was the Penguins Flight last Saturday.

Its possible the flight does appear later through 

Maybe they plan to Bus down? What would that be, about 4 hours?

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

No sign of Riley Sheahan the last two games. Was he sent to Rochester and I just missed that news? 

He could've tweaked something and thus the Malone recall? Or he's a proven veteran and they know what they've got.

For the lineup, that's a good preseason road lineup. Time for folks to make their final push for the 13th F, the 7th D, or the top spots in Rochester.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Looks like Quinn - Mitts - Tuch gets top billing with Krebs - Cozens - JJP set to have to be better than last game. Fitz - Joker could be an okay 3rd pair but I wish they had put Pilut in that spot. The Asp - Girg - Hino line is set and will do it's thing I am sure. 

Should be the last game for Bjork, enjoy the press box. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I really don’t understand how DG has utilized Comrie this preseason.  Should the new guy get some game experience with the defenders he'll be playing behind? Why throw him to the wolves in both preseason appearances?  

Not even sure what this means?

Each of the prospective goalies got 2 starts in reverse order of how we rate them in games that are designed to get them ready for the coming season.

Why would you possibly worry about your 'best' goalie – a player who is both young, and healthy - playing behind the type of lineup he's playing behind tonight?

Isn't it a pretty typical preseason lineup, the likes of which most goalies have to play behind in pre-season?

Don't you want him to be tested?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.