GDT Preseason: Sabres @ Penguins 10/7/2022, 7pm, MSG (Pens Broadcast), WGR

LGR4GM

Just now, Brawndo said:

Might want to cover those two 

The ECHL guys are gonna have trouble with it 

What’s the value in this?  So ***** stupid. 

This just in (from Dan and Rob), the Penguins top 6 is “lights out”.  

Without mentioning the Sabres have half a dozen beer leaguers in their lineup. 

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I like Granato as much as anyone but I don’t understand icing this craptastic lineup against the Pens regular lineup.  What’s the point?  

Please don’t judge this game as anything other than daddy dunking on his kids.  This isn’t relevant to anything. 

Protecting OAKIE for sure. Prolly looking at F13 & D7…. 2022-23 is STILL a growth focus w goal on getting a marker to play post season, or be in it past Dec. IMO

This is what many road preseason games look like. Look no further than last game when Carolina sent their B squad up to Buffalo. The Sabres were ahead 3-0 in similar fashion. The question is: how does this Sabres B squad respond? That's what this game is about; it's an ideal situation to assess effort and teamwork.

Who rises to the occasion, who folds, who rides the bus to Rochester?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This is what many road preseason games look like. Look no further than last game when Carolina sent their B squad up to Buffalo. The Sabres were ahead 3-0 in similar fashion. The question is: how does this Sabres B squad respond? That's what this game is about; it's an ideal situation to assess effort and teamwork.

Who rises to the occasion, who folds, who rides the bus to Rochester?

They are all riding the bus back to Buffalo tonight 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think jjp should go back to the AHL until about December. 

His already proven Himself at the AHL Level, He needs games up here to see if He prove himself at this level

After 15-20 if the problems persist, then send Him back 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

It’s just a scrimmage game…..tough to watch….I really want to see Comrie playing with the real lineup in front of him….. oh well.

What does everyone think of the Penguins broadcast compared to our guys?

It's terrible.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

His already proven Himself at the AHL Level, He needs games up here to see if He prove himself at this level

There's more to prove in the AHL. Defensive positioning, being the go-to guy on the top line (no Quinn), and consistency across the board. He'll get there. 

Hino had a horrible turnover in the first, but I think Comrie can prevent that reversal to Crosby by yelling at Hino where to go. Hino can float the lineup where needed. Right now I think he's the 12, Sheahan is the vet 13 who can play any position, and JJP gets to go be a top line forward in Rochester and skate 19+ minutes/night. He'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.