Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Ruh Roh 

Just posted this on another site & you posted the sentiment here just before the repost:

MFer should sue the Fishies coaches & medical staff.  They had their 3rd Q active this week because, in AL Michaels' words, "Tua was on the injury report."  Those douche monkeys in charge KNEW if he got hit again this was likely to happen.

That's 2 major concussions in less than a week. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Taro T said:

MFer should sue the Fishies coaches & medical staff.

I am sure the situation has enough blame to spread around to a bunch of people. However I am not sure Tua is without blame as well. I would bet that at least some players have been coached how to pass some concussion testing. So that would let the teams give the ole yep he passed he good testing

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

NFL only cares about money absolutely disgusting.

***** like this makes me hate football 

The question is, does the NFL continue to stand w/ the Fishies in the charade that Tua wasn't concussed last week or do they throw them under the bus?

There's no way this hit's result ends up as bad as it was if he wasn't concussed FIVE days ago.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

I am sure the situation has enough blame to spread around to a bunch of people. However I am not sure Tua is without blame as well. I would bet that at least some players have been coached how to pass some concussion testing. So that would let the teams give the ole yep he passed he good testing

He came from Bama, he probably did know a thing or 2 about cheating on a test. 😉

But that does not change the fact that he was concussed when he was gaming the test on Sunday.  Which means HE wasn't thinking properly.  His brain was injured.  There were a lot of sober, coherent people that could've done the right thing & instead did the expedient thing.  Don't even particularly like Tua, but hate seeing anybody get messed up like that.  And he could be REALLY messed up right now.

And, to keep from getting busted in their lie, the Fishies' medical staff couldn't put him in the concussion protocol this week.  So, they compounded their original malfeasance.

Edited by Taro T
Somehow dropped the word "not," oops.
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But that does change the fact that he was concussed when he was gaming the test on Sunday.  Which means HE wasn't thinking properly.  His brain was injured.  There were a lot of sober, coherent people that could've done the right thing & instead did the expedient thing.

Sure he would have been impaired when taking the test. Doesn't change the fact that a qb that a team has repeatedly tried to replace with someone else "passed" a concussion test. You can argue it was in Tuas best interest to pass that test.

Not super familiar with nfl protocol. Are the tests administered by independent medical personnel?

Edited by drnkirishone
Protocol question

9 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Sure he would have been impaired when taking the test. Doesn't change the fact that a qb that a team has repeatedly tried to replace with someone else "passed" a concussion test. You can argue it was in Tuas best interest to pass that test.

Not super familiar with nfl protocol. Are the tests administered by independent medical personnel?

Apparently the protocol are administered by both the team's physicians and an "independent" neurologist.  That game last week was Miami's superbowl.  No way was Tua sitting out the 2nd 1/2.  And now, who knows when or even if he's back. 

YOU can argue it was in Tua's best interest to pass last Sunday's test.  No way this kid will.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Apparently the protocol are administered by both the team's physicians and an "independent" neurologist.  That game last week was Miami's superbowl.  No way was Tua sitting out the 2nd 1/2.  And now, who knows when or even if he's back. 

YOU can argue it was in Tua's best interest to pass last Sunday's test.  No way this kid will.

well they just reported he is being discharged and flying home with the team tonight. Sounds like they are saying no concussion without saying no concussion.

9 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

well they just reported he is being discharged and flying home with the team tonight. Sounds like they are saying no concussion without saying no concussion.

And every single person with a license to practice medicine that was involved in that decision should have their license revoked.  Can't even begin to imagine how much money the lawsuit him family will bring should anything go wrong on this flight is going to bring them.

• Like (+1) 1

This is truly frightening:  Decorticate Posture

Decorticate posture is an abnormal posturing in which a person is stiff with bent arms, clenched fists, and legs held out straight. The arms are bent in toward the body and the wrists and fingers are bent and held on the chest.

This type of posturing is a sign of severe damage in the brain. People who have this condition should get medical attention right away.

image.thumb.png.16b89c52fe927e65ccc2890ad3228f58.png

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If Josh Allen ever has this happen, I want him shut down for the year. Football isn't worth a life. The coaches comments seemed shot sighted and stupid

In his short and so far stellar career as an NFL HC, Mike McDaniel seemed to be blazing a brand new trail -- he's quirky, weirdly funny, candid in a rare and peculiar way, intensely brilliant, a vanguard of analytics.

And then, with his role in this Tua concussion debacle, he reveals himself to be of a piece with the oldest of old school dinosaurs - ready and willing to treat his players like livestock.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

In his short and so far stellar career as an NFL HC, Mike McDaniel seemed to be blazing a brand new trail -- he's quirky, weirdly funny, candid in a rare and peculiar way, intensely brilliant, a vanguard of analytics.

And then, with his role in this Tua concussion debacle, he reveals himself to be of a piece with the oldest of old school dinosaurs - ready and willing to treat his players like livestock.

Isn’t cold use of analytics essentially treating humans like livestock? The dairy farmers around here do essentially the same.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Isn’t cold use of analytics essentially treating humans like livestock? The dairy farmers around here do essentially the same.

Confused Andy Richter GIF

It's all that other window dressing that seemed to suggest (imply) McDaniel would be different when it came that sort of stuff.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

And every single person with a license to practice medicine that was involved in that decision should have their license revoked.  Can't even begin to imagine how much money the lawsuit him family will bring should anything go wrong on this flight is going to bring them.

So the prevailing assumption is that now, in 5 days, two doctors in Miami, and a medical staff in Cincinnati have both basically covered up a concussion or multiple concussions?

There's a lot of presumption here. I don't see what benefit the medical staff at a hospital have in covering anything up. Their reputation is on the line and they know this. They are not in Miami, they are in the opposing city.

I get the emotion of what we've seen. But there has to be a point where the conspiracy theory falls apart right? I could understand the theories behind the Bills game. I think that's a process that's prone to being sidestepped. However to insinuate that a hospital would take that kind of risk on something so public is a stretch.

I want to underscore, passing the concussion test doesn't mean there isn't something else going on. I have not followed up on any released medical statements (although they are private, so we might not know).  However, I don't see the hospital staff releasing him unless they found nothing of concern on the tests they performed.

That said, I think Tagovailoa should be getting some additional tests done. Clearly something is going on with both hits in the past 5 days. The physical response to both indicates that clearly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1