2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Or could be he wants Michkov gone so another D is avail hard to tell but def the season of misinformation 

At the risk of being hyper-repetitive:  I want 13OA used on someone who plays in Buffalo in 2023-24.  If Adams is willing to sacrifice assets to get into the top 3-4 in the draft (i.e., a player who plays in 2023-24), he should be equally willing to sacrifice the same assets to get a 26-year-old defenseman or a veteran stud goalie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Yep it’s Michkov. I think they might have to get to Montreal at 5 or Arizona at 6. Don’t know if they can get there.

I don’t think Montreal will take Michkov.  Just my opinion based on their history with Russians in that market.

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah I listened to it and it scares me that THAT's what he's looking at with the assets he has.

It could also mean that teams aren't interested in 13 in a trade for a defenseman and continually insist on Savoie, Kulich, etc. However he sees avenues to move up with picks. 

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

We're not in a vacuum.  We're here and now.

Yes. Adams using 13 for Michkov and doing nothing else is a lot different than him using 13 for Michkov and signing Graves, or trading Olofsson, and lesser prospects/picks for Hanifin.

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So you would rather wait 3 years for a player than having an impact player to help us win the cup now .

Make sense

Your opinion will be given the proper weight as I reconsider my position.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Yes. Adams using 13 for Michkov and doing nothing else is a lot different than him using 13 for Michkov and signing Graves, or trading Olofsson, and lesser prospects/picks for Hanifin.

Your opinion will be given the proper weight as I reconsider my position.

I just don't understand how you can wait some more When you could get an impact player with that 13th pick if that's what you're saying.

• Like (+1) 1

Seravalli says Habs have five offers for the number5 pick. That seems to be the sweet spot

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So you would rather wait 3 years for a player than having an impact player to help us win the cup now .

Make sense

Why do you continue to think that #13 is the only asset that can get a player back. They can trade roster players, prospects other picks in a trade for a player or sign one in UFA.

Listening to the Adams clip, I don’t think he is saying anything he hasn’t said before:  If the right deal is there to move up, or move back, they will be aggressive and make it. The key words are probably “the right deal”. I doubt the right deal will be there. I’m ok with all this. 

9 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

Listening to the Adams clip, I don’t think he is saying anything he hasn’t said before:  If the right deal is there to move up, or move back, they will be aggressive and make it. The key words are probably “the right deal”. I doubt the right deal will be there. I’m ok with all this. 

Not only is he not saying anything different… but KA doesn’t telegraph exactly what he’s going to do either. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Eleven said:

We're not in a vacuum.  We're here and now.

You are making the assumption the 13 gets either of those players. Or...maybe it can get them, but they won't commit to signing long-term. If that is the case...and it could very well be - Michkov would be an awesome get. BPA. This ain't the NFL. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

You are making the assumption the 13 gets either of those players. Or...maybe it can get them, but they won't commit to signing long-term. If that is the case...and it could very well be - Michkov would be an awesome get. BPA. This ain't the NFL. 

I had no idea--I really thought it was the NFL. Huh.  

That's all the attention I'll give to a comment like this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

Looks like you Jimmy Cracked Corned me there. Brilliant assessment as always, Eleven. 

As always?  Are you here often?  Often enough that you think I mistake the NHL for the NFL?  Or are you here 30 times in the last 15 years as the stats indicate?

If you don't want to be treated like a jerk, don't come at me like one.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Has anyone listened to the KA clip or just read the quote?

Actually listening to the clip, it’s really just standard GM talk and no strong hint, or hint at all for that matter, at Michkov 

I listened to the appearance on the radio.  You're right, it's mostly GM talk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.