2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

28 minutes ago, Eleven said:

As always?  Are you here often?  Often enough that you think I mistake the NHL for the NFL?  Or are you here 30 times in the last 15 years as the stats indicate?

If you don't want to be treated like a jerk, don't come at me like one.

Come everyday and lurk. Just don't need to post every thought I have for everyone to hear. Every once in awhile, I feel compelled. Congrats, you compelled me with your genius. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I listened to the appearance on the radio.  You're right, it's mostly GM talk.

I mostly agree but:

"We're going to really be very aggressive if it makes sense for us to do that"

doesn't really fit that description.

"Going to be" implies intent. To me, that implies there is something on the table that they want to do and that may be possible to do.

Might be the framework of a deal contingent on the draft board falling a certain way, or a seperate deal falling into place or apart.

Edited by dudacek

11 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

Come everyday and lurk. Just don't need to post every thought I have for everyone to hear. Every once in awhile, I feel compelled. Congrats, you compelled me with your genius. 

I suspect that there's a lot of room between this and the truth.   You don't have to respond; I won't see it.

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I am warming up to Willander at 13.  Probably get to North America before Smashev.  

Now that I stated my wishes, he will probably be taken at 12. 😂

There's been a lot of attention out here to Vancouver taking him at 11.

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I am warming up to Willander at 13.  Probably get to North America before Smashev.  

Now that I stated my wishes, he will probably be taken at 12. 😂

He is playing NCAA hockey in the fall for BU.  https://www.nhl.com/news/tom-willander-turns-down-sweden-pro-league-for-ncaa-before-2023-nhl-draft/c-344874284

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm retracting my previous statement, I think this draft does have potential to be deep. It's certainly deeper than 2022 I think. Obviously that can change but it's got more promise I think. 

If it's so good you should be able to get an impact player with that pick

That will help us this year not 3 years from now

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm retracting my previous statement, I think this draft does have potential to be deep. It's certainly deeper than 2022 I think. Obviously that can change but it's got more promise I think. 

I have said for weeks that this draft is at least 22 players deep with legit excellent to high-end talent.  That said we got Kulich last year at 28.  Snuggerud went 23rd last year.  Those guys would easily project into the top 20 this year as well.  The top 8 or so of this draft look better, but the depth in the first seems very similar.

First time back to the board in a while. I was excited to see what folks had to say about the draft and all I see in reviewing threads from this month is Buffalonill being rude, cranky, and negative at a frantic and often repetitive pace. I'm all for everyone having a voice but when its so constant and consistently a drag, its tough to ignore and makes this place less enjoyable.

Go Sabs. Like most, I want Moore for those who could potentially to fall to us. No way Benson does. I watched several of their games this year and he was the play driver, jumping off the screen far more than Savoie (unfortunately). I could see a wild card also, with Musty and maybe Barlow if they feel he can improve his transition game (if he can, I would be all for it). Don't love any of these defenceman at 13OA.

• Thanks (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't know that there is a significant dropoff between #6 and where the Sabres pick.

I'd say there are about 10 players in that range who could have gone top10 last year.

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don't know that there is a significant dropoff between #6 and where the Sabres pick.

I'd say there are about 10 players in that range who could have gone top10 last year.

I'd agree. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If it's so good you should be able to get an impact player with that pick

That will help us this year not 3 years from now

Im... I'm not actually drafting for Buffalo. 

3 hours ago, GrassValleyGreg said:

Go Sabs. Like most, I want Moore for those who could potentially to fall to us. No way Benson does. I watched several of their games this year and he was the play driver, jumping off the screen far more than Savoie (unfortunately). I could see a wild card also, with Musty and maybe Barlow if they feel he can improve his transition game (if he can, I would be all for it). Don't love any of these defenceman at 13OA.

Never been happier to be so wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/23/2023 at 7:39 AM, Curt said:

This might not be too interesting to anyone other than me but I’m just throwing it out there.

As I’ve looked at draft prospects the past couple weeks, I’ve tried to focus on a couple things in particular.  1) Guys who have characteristics that I think would show out well in a playoff series, and 2) guys who are young for their draft class.  So I present to you a list of guys who are both pretty young for the draft class and have some combination of strength, attitude, style, and motor that would allow them to do well in the playoffs.

There are not that many, but I hope that the Sabres draft a couple of these guys.

Centers:

Dalibor Dvorsky - likely top 10 pick  
Anton Wahlberg - early 2nd round  
Rasmus Kumpulainen - late 2nd/early 3rd round

Wingers:

Quinton Musty - late 1st round  
Kasper Halttunen - early 2nd round  
Danny Nelson - early 2nd round  
Easton Cowan - mid 2nd round  
Jesse Kiiskinen - mid 2nd round  
Juraj Pekarcik - early 3rd round  
Felix Unger Sörum - mid/late 3rd round  
Alexander Rykov - 3rd to 4th round  
Matthew Soto - 5th to 7th round  
Denis Malov - 6th or 7th round  
Alexander Assadourian - 6th or 7th round

LH Defensemen:

Jakub Dvorak - early 2nd round 
Caden Price - early 3rd round  
Kristian Kostadinski - 4th to 6th round  
James Petrovski - 4th to 6th round

RH Defensemen:

Gavin McCarthy - mid/late 3rd round  
Carter Sotheran - 4th to 5th round  

Buffalo actually picked two of these guys!

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

As we close the book on the 2023 draft for now, a little teaser of what is to come in 2024 since so many here really wanted Michkov. 2024 draft doesn't get interesting for me until January but Demidov is a name you should know. 

It's not relevant to us anymore.  I expect we'll be drafting in the late 20's

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.