GDT: 4/8/2022, Sabres @ Panthers, 7pm on MSG ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

This team is learning.ย 

This is Murderโ€™s Row and they are hanging tough.ย 

Bad goaltending and defensive lapses are their downfall at the moment.

These guys are ready to compete next season with consistent quality goaltending. It is on Adams to shore that up this offseason.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I saw it in the prior game. Bennett has been running at Dahlin constantly. ย  Good to see Dahlin take him on. ย Bennett seems to get a lot tougher with the ref in there than without.
ย 

ย I wish Tuch would have let Dahlin go, or kicked Bennettโ€™s azz himself ย One of the two needs to happen.
ย 

To be continued next year Iโ€™ll bet.ย 

Eh, I get Tuch trying to cool him out. Dahlin was just wilding and Tuch was thinking about the games ahead and not wanting him to face a suspension. Smart, Captain-ly thing to do. He still probably gets one, didn't he make contact with a linesman?

ย 

And Bennet is a punk. Hopefully somebody pops him good next time we meet.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We didnโ€™t deserve this game anyways. It should of been 6-3.ย 

I see it differently. We played hard. ย 
ย 

Florida is 43 points ahead of us. We played Carolina (37 points ahead) last night. Both on the road. ย 
ย 

We ran out of gas in the 3rd as expected on aย back to back. ย 37 seconds from a well earned point.ย 
ย 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 6

Dahlin's flub wasn't a bad play just a badly executed one that likely is the result of exhaustion. Then literally everything that could go wrong goes wrong with Huberdeau falling thus blocking Skinner, Jokiharju coming high and inadvertently cutting off Dahlin who loses his footing and can't get back to Bennett.

The Sabres deserved better, they are fighting like cornered rats though so I like seeing that. I liked seeing Tuch doing what he could to get Dahlin to get away from Bennett at the end.ย 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

Dude. Cheer, donโ€™t Dump on boys.

Huh? We got completely outplayed. That is a fact. Cheering has nothing to do with changing that I cheer the whole game. Iโ€™m not one to be toxically positive either or depressed, just a gameโ€ฆ I take it one game at a timeย 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Eh, I get Tuch trying to cool him out. Dahlin was just wilding and Tuch was thinking about the games ahead and not wanting him to face a suspension. Smart, Captain-ly thing to do. He still probably gets one, didn't he make contact with a linesman?

ย 

And Bennet is a punk. Hopefully somebody pops him good next time we meet.

Looked like he swung at Bennet and caught linesman arm, not intentional.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I see it differently. We played hard. ย 
ย 

Florida is 43 points ahead of us. We played Carolina (37 points ahead) last night. Both on the road. ย 
ย 

We ran out of gas in the 3rd as expected on aย back to back. ย 37 seconds from a well earned point.ย 
ย 

Yeah. Given the circumstances, I can't be upset about this. The fact that they took one of the top 2 teams in the league down to the wire, in their barn on the back end of a back-to-back is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

This team is learning.ย 

This is Murderโ€™s Row and they are hanging tough.ย 

Bad goaltending and defensive lapses are their downfall at the moment.

These guys are ready to compete next season with consistent quality goaltending. It is on Adams to shore that up this offseason.

The goaltending was good tonight and last night. ย But yes, overall, the goaltending has to improve next year.ย 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Huh? We got completely outplayed. That is a fact. Cheering has nothing to do with changing that I cheer the whole game. Iโ€™m not one to be toxically positive either or depressed, just a gameโ€ฆ I take it one game at a timeย 

Considering talent on team (youth, and vets), poor G, Sabres are playing fun, competitive hockey. I just want to recognize that fact.ย 

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

5he goaltending was good tonight and last night. ย But yes, overall, the goaltending has to improve next year.ย 

It definitely does. But, it's not gonna be as simple as KA waving his magic wand and landing a goalie. Lot of teams need help there, it's gonna be a tough market. Hopefully he can get one of them and UPL can stay healthy and live up to some of the potential he was showing before he went down.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Sabel79 said:

Eh, can't be mad about it, really.

The most troubling thing about this game is the spam that seems to be making it onto the board all of a sudden... @SDS?

Iโ€™m not sure what thatโ€™s about. I mustโ€™ve change some settings somewhere. Is there something hanging out out there?

Just now, SDS said:

Iโ€™m not sure what thatโ€™s about. I mustโ€™ve change some settings somewhere. Is there something hanging out out there?

Threads popping up that I'm not going to click through, recently posted in Customer Service and elsewhere.ย 

I'm not against "covert sex advice" altogether, but probably wouldn't come here for it.

Just now, Sabel79 said:

Threads popping up that I'm not going to click through, recently posted in Customer Service and elsewhere.ย 

I'm not against "covert sex advice" altogether, but probably wouldn't come here for it.

I just deleted that. I was messing with settings recently, and I think I screwed something up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

It definitely does. But, it's not gonna be as simple as KA waving his magic wand and landing a goalie. Lot of teams need help there, it's gonna be a tough market. Hopefully he can get one of them and UPL can stay healthy and live up to some of the potential he was showing before he went down.

He could have held onto Ullmark with Anderson( or plan B-D) as the other half. That offers no solution to the current problem but sheds light into his thought process concerning the position. Iโ€™m not entirely convinced that goaltending wonโ€™t be his eventual downfall. ย 
ย 

BTW, I would love to see how you got your name.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.