6 Game Stretch

WildCard

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Might have Power in the lineup vs Toronto 👀

If they continue to compete every shift every period I'll be happy with whatever the outcome may be.

Yup.  Even a top team could go sub-0.500 in this stretch.  I just want the spirit there.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The other teams should be worried about us right now.

Having said what I said above, this is absolutely true too.

16 of our last 17 games have been against playoff teams or teams still in playoff contention dating back to the last 2 games in February.  The only exception was the comeback victory at Chicago.  Our record in those 16 games? 8-5-3.  

Now the bad news. Outside of a 5-1 early season victory over Tampa, TB, Fla and Car have pounded us this season. We are 0-4 and were out scored 25-8.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

16 of our last 17 games have been against playoff teams or teams still in playoff contention dating back to the last 2 games in February.  The only exception was the comeback victory at Chicago.  Our record in those 16 games? 8-5-3.  

Now the bad news. Outside of a 5-1 early season victory over Tampa, TB, Fla and Car have pounded us this season. We are 0-4 and were out scored 25-8.

So this will be a good test.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is it bad news or a challenge to see how far this roster has come in the last month?

I don't expect the Sabres to win every game or outpossess/outshoot these games like they did against Nashville and others in this last run. But I want to see progress against these true Cup contenders. 3-2-1. 3-3. 2-3-1. And play like they have been 5-on-5 to keep the goal differential near even. Show the elite teams that now it's a fight each and every night.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So this will be a good test.

The last 17 games were a good test.  This is a gauntlet, until we get to beat on the Leafs again.  If we win 2 of the 5 against TB, Car and Fla I'll be thrilled.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.