The After The Whistle thread: ep.81 Elliotte Friedman "Power Hour"

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Chicago was never in playoff hunt...why trade when you can wait one more year and overpay him for two years.

The play here is Kane as a cap dump. The Sabres can handle his $10MM salary easily. I think he still has something left in the tank. The question for Adams and Granato is does Kane add to the locker room?

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The play here is Kane as a cap dump. The Sabres can handle his $10MM salary easily. I think he still has something left in the tank. The question for Adams and Granato is does Kane add to the locker room?

Maybe as a pass through team where we retain salary but we're not trading for Kane to keep him. 

This has been talked about for 15 years 😂 Yea I couldn’t care less that Kanes mom squirted him out on WNY soil, and so he should play for the Sabres. Frankly I personally hope he doesn’t ever put on a Sabres Uniform, unless he want to put one on as a fan in the strands. Or he pulls a Eric Staal. Washed up, not much left in the tank. And plays for Buffalo for a few months. Then retires or goes to Europe.

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

This has been talked about for 15 years 😂 Yea I couldn’t care less that Kanes mom squirted him out on WNY soil, and so he should play for the Sabres. Frankly I personally hope he doesn’t ever put on a Sabres Uniform, unless he want to put one on as a fan in the strands. Or he pulls a Eric Staal. Washed up, not much left in the tank. And plays for Buffalo for a few months. Then retires or goes to Europe.

I doubt he's close to washed up, statistically, he's having one of his best seasons this year.

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But isn't it a nice story if Kane played for the Sabres? Homeboy returns, helps his team get back to winning? 

It is a nice story. Unlikely, but definitely a nice story. You'd have to be sure he was down with the idea though. Actually wants to help the franchise. If not he's just an old stiff and a disruption to the building process. but if he himself wants to end his career in a home town kind of thing and lead the kids why not?

On 4/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, K-9 said:

Nice listen. I was hoping they’d ask him what he thought about Eichel’s comments on the Chris Weidman podcast when Eichel claimed that the Sabres’ doctors originally agreed with the ADR and then reneged. Then again, I doubt KA would have any comment on that as the Sabres were pretty tight lipped while Eichel and his original agent chose to air their grievances in public. Personally, I think Eichel is completely full of crap in his assertion that the Sabres medical staff was ever onboard with the ADR procedure.

I don't listen to a word the human chia pet says. He showed his true colours with his post game comments after that return to Buffalo loss. he is, as you said, "completely full of crap". 

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to The After The Whistle thread: ep.81 Elliotte Friedman "Power Hour"
33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Any noteworthy excerpts to tantalize us with?

Listening now. So far it's been Craig's hung over and a Tiger Woods love fest.

Finally Sabres talk. Elliotte sez: Don't worry about Levi. Worry a bit about Portillo. Says Sabres were "frustrated" with that negotiation. What's really frustrating is Elliotte about to discuss details and Petey and Craig interrupting with some stupid sidebar and they never get back to it.

Already 45 minutes into the show and barely a mention of Power. Typical Petey.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Finally Sabres talk. Elliotte sez: Don't worry about Levi. Worry a bit about Portillo. Says Sabres were "frustrated" with that negotiation. What's really frustrating is Elliotte about to discuss details and Petey and Craig interrupting with some stupid sidebar and they never get back to it.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95293b227f97f1c01cc3

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Thanks for taking the hit for the rest of us.  We are thankful for your service.

So the last 25 minutes is a Craigy/Saku Koivu horse play story that destroyed the Canadiens Cup chances.

56 minute mark FINALLY Power talk. Lots of nothing.

Other than the Portillo/Levi blurb (19 min mark), a waste of an hour.,

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Joy

I do certainly see Levi signing in the future regardless; he has multiple friends here and has made a point to interact with a Sabres podcast, watch games with the GM and seems very genuine about how good he feels about the Sabres due to their trading for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.