A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is a week old and was covered in detail on this forum. 

Y'all bitched about this lockout clean out happening and didn't even pay attention to it. 

I already said I thought it might have been posted earlier but thank you kindly for doubling down on that, most useful. You are a major asset to this forum. 

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I am all for enjoying the locker clean out of the Knights but let's stop inventing conspiracy theories around it. 

What the hell are you talking about?

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think you are missing my point. Talk it about it all you want but don't invent BS about it (not saying you specifically). The entire idea that the cleanout won't happen and that now that it is it will be scripted and there is some dark reasoning for having limited players available because of a company line they have to repeat is just bs conspiracy theory nonsense. All teams have locker cleanouts, all teams have limited players they send to the press. 

Again:  What in the hell are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

What the hell are you talking about?

Again:  What in the hell are you talking about?

A few posters said first that the Knights would not have any press at locker clean out so they could control the narrative around the team. Others jumped in after the clean out was announced to claim because select players would be available it was the ones who had memorized the company line. 

Both were bs.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, woods-racer said:

I've done an internet search several times. None is listed. It appears there will be no access to locker clean out day to any media.

18 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

"select players..."

Again, all teams do this. 

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

A few posters said first that the Knights would not have any press at locker clean out so they could control the narrative around the team. Others jumped in after the clean out was announced to claim because select players would be available it was the ones who had memorized the company line. 

Both were bs.

But you quoted me and I didn't say anything like that.  And you admonished me for something I didn't say.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But you quoted me and I didn't say anything like that.  And you admonished me for something I didn't say.

You jumped into a conversation. I replied within the thread of that conversation. 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And even if I did, it's not your place to patrol the thread and make sure people say things you like.

What the ***** are you talking about? I just wanted ppl to stop inventing fake conspiracies about the Knights. Hate on them or don't but ppl were wildly speculating. 

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Lost your love for this thread?  Maybe this  will help. 

Another fun fact about Journeys power ballad, it’s Spotifys top streamed song from the 80’s and in Apples top 5, yet peaked at # in the Billboards top 100 in 1981.   Why the late success?  The Sopranos final episode? 

edit - I was always a fan.  From day one of listening to the Escape Lp. 

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Another fun fact about Journeys power ballad, it’s Spotifys top streamed song from the 80’s and in Apples top 5, yet peaked at # in the Billboards top 100 in 1981.   Why the late success?  The Sopranos final episode? 

I saw them live at Saratoga Performing Arts Center.  Because Mrs. Doohickie (well we weren't married yet, but yeah, her) liked them.  I liked their early stuff but they rode the pop gravy train too much for my liking.

19 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

They were my go to band when I had a lady friend over at my place. They were rock for me and had plenty of ballads for the ladies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I saw them live at Saratoga Performing Arts Center.  Because Mrs. Doohickie (well we weren't married yet, but yeah, her) liked them.  I liked their early stuff but they rode the pop gravy train too much for my liking.

idk how many are old enough to remember this, but they started as a sort of prog rock band with a couple of ex members of Santana I think. I saw them at an outdoor Emerson Lake & Palmer show where they were the opening act and it started off fine, keyboard driven rock(ish) tunes I don't really remember and then they went "we want to introduce our new lead singer" and suddenly that audience went wtf is this? Who knew that new version would become mega stars.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

If want to invent fake conspiracies, it's nonya bidness.

Seriously. 

People have every right to come here and say ridiculous, false things.

People have the right to come here and tell other people that what they are saying is ridiculous and false.

Both statements are true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk how many are old enough to remember this, but they started as a sort of prog rock band with a couple of ex members of Santana I think. I saw them at an outdoor Emerson Lake & Palmer show where they were the opening act and it started off fine, keyboard driven rock(ish) tunes I don't really remember and then they went "we want to introduce our new lead singer" and suddenly that audience went wtf is this? Who knew that new version would become mega stars.

Yes, I was aware they were kind of a fusion jam group prior to Steve Perry but I didn't hear of them until they hit pop gold with "Feeling That Way/Anytime" from Infinity which were almost always played back-to-back on the album rock stations and even some pop stations.  And then from Evolution there was the same thing with "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin/City of the Angels"

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Curt said:

People have every right to come here and say ridiculous, false things.

People have the right to come here and tell other people that what they are saying is ridiculous and false.

Both statements are true.

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was aware of the general backstory, but certainly not the specific story/tour you're referencing.

And I mean, at the time they were getting started, just about errrr-one was essentially a prog band of some stripe or variety of prog (unless you were true geniuses, say, like Devo). It's fashionable nowadays to say that "Album Oriented Rock" (or Adult Oriented Rock) is separate and distinct from progressive rock. I never really heard it that way, and still don't. IMO, the reason that a song like Don't Stop Believin' is an absolute banger and anthem is that Journey was able to call on, incorporate certain prog DNA (and other stuff - thinking like Black Sabbath's treatment of the blues) to create a song that, while it works as radio-friendly pop, is really a remarkable and unusual song from the standpoint of structure and composition.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.