A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

25 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Why would karma be on their side anyway. Vegas has been arguably the worst team in the league this year in regards to its players. They shoved their franchise goalie out the door and let him find out via Twitter. Traded a guy they couldn’t trade to begin with and then had to eat crow. They have made Tampa’s use of LTIR look sanitary by comparison. If any team has to deal with bad karma it would be them.

And besides:  We traded our bad karma away... to VGK!  😄 😄

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

2 SOG last night.

14 minutes of 5v5 ice time (1:30 of PP, plus some OT). Stats show there were 5 scoring chances against during his TOI, and 1 SC for -- 2 high danger chances against, 0 HDC for.

I don’t know about the second one, but the first SOG was a dump in from the neutral zone.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

2 SOG last night.

14 minutes of 5v5 ice time (1:30 of PP, plus some OT). Stats show there were 5 scoring chances against during his TOI, and 1 SC for -- 2 high danger chances against, 0 HDC for.

Interesting. Sounds like he's getting 'benched'

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Interesting. Sounds like he's getting 'benched'

I said this a couple times, but I don’t think people are believing it much, but I’m watching almost every game and this guy is playing like hot garbage. He is a turnover machine who makes bad pass, after bad pass, after bad pass. He doesn’t shoot. He doesn’t set anyone up. He just gets the puck and manages to find the least likely person able to receive a pass and the play goes the other way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

I said this a couple times, but I don’t think people are believing it much, but I’m watching almost every game and this guy is playing like hot garbage. He is a turnover machine who makes bad pass, after bad pass, after bad pass. He doesn’t shoot. He doesn’t set anyone up. He just gets the puck and manages to find the least likely person able to receive a pass and the play goes the other way.

I hadn't seen those posts, so I appreciate your repeating the observation.

And I mean - look: He's a strong and effective player when he's healthy. I am presuming that he's just not all the way back yet.

OTOH: Ha ha! 

36 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don’t know about the second one, but the first SOG was a dump in from the neutral zone.

I think the other one may have been in OT.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I hadn't seen those posts, so I appreciate your repeating the observation.

And I mean - look: He's a strong and effective player when he's healthy. I am presuming that he's just not all the way back yet.

OTOH: Ha ha! 

IMHO, I would say he’s been regressing for several weeks now. I think the proof is in his ice time. I’m not just some bitter hater throwing stones, one of the things I said earlier is that if you took all of the numbers off their backs he wouldn’t be noticeable at all except for may be bad plays.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SDS said:

IMHO, I would say he’s been regressing for several weeks now. I think the proof is in his ice time. I’m not just some bitter hater throwing stones, one of the things I said earlier is that if you took all of the numbers off their backs he wouldn’t be noticeable at all except for may be bad plays.

Thanks again. It's gotta be the injury and recovery, nah? As in, he's lacking strength, confidence, etc.?

It is just occurring to me: I very much want to sports-hate Eichel, boo the sh1t out of him when his team comes to town, cheer against his team with the heat of 100 dying suns ... but I also want him to make a full and complete recovery from his injury and surgery. I want his suckitude to be all his.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, SDS said:

Glad to hear analysis of someone watching.  I saw 21 pts in 30 GP and a +6 during a period of terrible team goaltending, and just assumed he was slowly making his way back.  

Although I don’t know how to read fancy stats, I really enjoy when someone reads them for me. Those old benchmarks can be deceiving.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Maybe Eichel can't get back to his previous form

23 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Glad to hear analysis of someone watching.  I saw 21 pts in 30 GP and a +6 during a period of terrible team goaltending, and just assumed he was slowly making his way back.  

Although I don’t know how to read fancy stats, I really enjoy when someone reads them for me. Those old benchmarks can be deceiving.  

71% of the time there's a faceoff, Eichel starts in the offensive zone. He's given lots of opportunities to be put up points. His numbers look similar to the last few years in terms of advanced stats. The only thing drastically lower is his a1/60 

• Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

71% of the time there's a faceoff, Eichel starts in the offensive zone. He's given lots of opportunities to be put up points. His numbers look similar to the last few years in terms of advanced stats. The only thing drastically lower is his a1/60 

Because he doesn't have Reinhart, Skinner and VO finishing for him? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Maybe Eichel can't get back to his previous form

When discussing why the Sabres wouldn't let Jack get ADR, one potential outcome I thought the Pegulas were worried about is what if the surgery is "successful" but Jack never hits the same level he reached in 2018-20 when he was a PPG player?  I think that may come to pass, where he is nowhere near worth his contract going forward.

Edited by Doohickie

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

When discussing why the Sabres wouldn't let Jack get ADR, one potential outcome I thought the Pegulas were worried about is what if the surgery is "successful" but Jack never hits the same level he reached in 2018-20 when he was a PPG player?  I think that may come to pass, where he is nowhere near worth his contract going forward.

We should also note that 1 ppg seems to be much more attainable this season by a lot of players. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.