GDT: Sabres at Calgary Flames. March 18th, 2022. MSG-B, SN, WGR550

Brawndo

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Probably 1 of the better 1-0 games I’ve watched in a long time.

Not better than the Hasek 70 save 1-0 win by Buffalo in 4 OTs in the playoffs ended by Dave Hannan sending the series back to where Jimmy Hoffa is with Jim Lorenz uncontrollably giggling as RJ went crazy

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Did I just witness the Sabres WIN IN OT? I thought I would never see it again.

What a bloody character win that was after the egg last night.

They had every reason to get blown out tonight. Calgary is unstoppable at home, they played last night and got smoked. Toker in net. But they gutted out a massive win

Toker was outstanding. Call Toronto, Vegas, Pitt, Washington right now and offer him for a 1st🤣

Dahlin was unreal but man Samuelsson is becoming an absolute stud back there.

The top line was dangerous all game, Greg to see Tage get the winner.

I was keying on him after what was perhaps his worst game last night. Fantastic response by the young man tonight. It’s always about how you respond after playing poorly and he responded like a champ. So important for him moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 3

Wow.  Fun game!  They hung in there with a high end, well organized team.

Stick taps for Toker.

Is Dahlin now like the 3rd-4th most physical guy on this team?  Looking something like what he was supposed to become.

Samuelsson is a beast.  Cozens is a ***** stirrer.

The forwards who couldn’t hang kind of stuck out tonight.  Mitts, Olofsson, Asplund were not impressive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jsb said:

For all the angst on this site when they lose, they’re 5-3 in the last 8 games, all against playoff teams. Impressive win and when was the last time the Sabres had the most SOG for each period and OT in a game??

Tokarski’s best game ever.

Good point and one we need to keep perspective on.

My angst isn’t so much because they lose, it’s how they look doing it and last night was just an abysmal effort all the way around. They needed that effort tonight for so many reasons, not the least of which is washing the taste of last night out of their mouths. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Good point and one we need to keep perspective on.

My angst isn’t so much because they lose, it’s how they look doing it and last night was just an abysmal effort all the way around. They needed that effort tonight for so many reasons, not the least of which is washing the taste of last night out of their mouths. 

You summed up my feelings about the Edmonton loss much better than I did. I agree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Stick tap to Granato for having these boys ready to play from the opening drop.   Great execution in OT.

So important after last night’s fiasco. For so many reasons. Learning how to get off the mat is important to a young team especially. I give Granato credit for having them ready. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Liked what Tage had to say about the Oilers game in his post game presser tonight. He said when you cheat the game like they did last night, you’re gonna get your ass handed to you. He actually used the phrase, “when you cheat the game.” That’s exactly the kind of awareness great players have. Good on Tage Thompson. 

• Like (+1) 7

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Did I just witness the Sabres WIN IN OT? I thought I would never see it again.

What a bloody character win that was after the egg last night.

They had every reason to get blown out tonight. Calgary is unstoppable at home, they played last night and got smoked. Toker in net. But they gutted out a massive win

Toker was outstanding. Call Toronto, Vegas, Pitt, Washington right now and offer him for a 1st🤣

Dahlin was unreal but man Samuelsson is becoming an absolute stud back there.

The top line was dangerous all game, Great to see Tage get the winner.

im so teen wolf GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.