All is forgiven. Cody Eakin is the greatest Sabre of all time

inkman

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

If you think that the team is finally building the right way as I do, I totally blame Jack because when he heard about the latest rebuild he declared he wanted out.  Finally getting it right and he bales on the team.

I don’t blame him for wanting out after 7 years. Especially if it’s the same guy pulling the strings.

And we’ll see if we’re finally doing it right. Just because everyone seems to think so right now doesn’t mean its true.

We’ve been sold hope for long time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

This.

Say everything people are saying about Jack is true, and it kinda is looking like it is. Not to pick this scab again, but this was our plan?! Can anyone really say that the Tank worked cuz we got our guy and it was the rebuild, blah, blah blah,… at this point?!

And Gio can flap all he wants to in the podcast, but where was his veteran leadership to mentor this kid?

Y’all can take the Mehs and skepticals and shove’em, cuz i’m still more angry at the Sabres than Eichel for creating this whole mess.

It’s going on ten ***** years of the worst Sabres hockey anyone has ever known. I really hope this has exercised some demons and we can finally move forward.  

I would personally separate the current Sabres off-ice leadership group (Adams, Karmanos, Granato, etc.) from the failings of the past decade.  Whether we get this turned around is still in question, but the current regime (less ownership) can't be faulted for what their predecessors did or didn't do.

I also don't know enough about what happened in the locker room to fault Gionta.  Perhaps he failed as a leader and perhaps there were young players who were not interested in being led.  

What I do agree with though is the sentiment that this is not Jack Eichel's fault (at least, it is largely not his fault).  What we saw with the Sabres post-Regier and pre-Adams was a complete failure of leadership and competency at the GM position and head coaching positions.  Tim Murray perhaps deserves a bit of slack as he, it appears, tried to keep the clowns from running the circus when he drew a line at firing Bylsma. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

This.

Say everything people are saying about Jack is true, and it kinda is looking like it is. Not to pick this scab again, but this was our plan?! Can anyone really say that the Tank worked cuz we got our guy and it was the rebuild, blah, blah blah,… at this point?!

And Gio can flap all he wants to in the podcast, but where was his veteran leadership to mentor this kid?

Y’all can take the Mehs and skepticals and shove’em, cuz i’m still more angry at the Sabres than Eichel for creating this whole mess.

It’s going on ten ***** years of the worst Sabres hockey anyone has ever known. I really hope this has exercised some demons and we can finally move forward.  

This is a question of scouting. And whether a front office has the balls to say no to a player who is hailed as generational. Imagine if after the tank and losing the lottery, GMTM traded the pick? 

Did the Sabres scouts see this behavior before picking him but thought his skills were too good to pass up or that he could be coached to be a better person? 

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Hope Ukraine Ministry of Information is watching. This has been a master class in propaganda. Turns out the Pegulas are champions at something.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

What did the Pegulas do? Did they personally make sure every sports outlet made this all about Jack? Then paid extra to make sure it all was bad press?

Not sure where you're going with this.

Not only that. They made sure those same media outlets would crap on them and take Eichel's side before the trade. Genius! 4D chess!

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don’t blame him for wanting out after 7 years. Especially if it’s the same guy pulling the strings.

And we’ll see if we’re finally doing it right. Just because everyone seems to think so right now doesn’t mean its true.

We’ve been sold hope for long time.

What in life is ever guaranteed? But that's why we watch these games and follow everything about the team. So we can assess for ourselves. 

30 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I would personally separate the current Sabres off-ice leadership group (Adams, Karmanos, Granato, etc.) from the failings of the past decade.  Whether we get this turned around is still in question, but the current regime (less ownership) can't be faulted for what their predecessors did or didn't do.

I also don't know enough about what happened in the locker room to fault Gionta.  Perhaps he failed as a leader and perhaps there were young players who were not interested in being led.  

What I do agree with though is the sentiment that this is not Jack Eichel's fault (at least, it is largely not his fault).  What we saw with the Sabres post-Regier and pre-Adams was a complete failure of leadership and competency at the GM position and head coaching positions.  Tim Murray perhaps deserves a bit of slack as he, it appears, tried to keep the clowns from running the circus when he drew a line at firing Bylsma. 

Evander Kane happened.

39 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm not. I just hope they are good enough to release some outrageous news about Putin, then issue a, We Bad It Didn't Happen.

Which is actually what they did when saying a reactor was on fire while simultaneously calling for the US to close the skies over the site before having to clarify it was an outbuilding that was burning.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Imagine if after the tank and losing the lottery, GMTM traded the pick? 

Now THAT would have been ballsy and NFG.  Would make an interesting alternative history discussion.  What kind of haul could we have received for that pick?

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Which is actually what they did when saying a reactor was on fire while simultaneously calling for the US to close the skies over the site before having to clarify it was an outbuilding that was burning.

I’m still not really following what’s going on here. The connect the dot sequence is probably immaterial. I trust that the puzzle ends with the Pegulas being earth-rapers who are ruining the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’m still not really following what’s going on here. The connect the dot sequence is probably immaterial. I trust that the puzzle ends with the Pegulas being earth-rapers who are ruining the Sabres.

I think it's a discussion of modern wartime propaganda. If it's not your cup of tea, have a coffee.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

I think it's a discussion of modern wartime propaganda. If it's not your cup of tea, have a coffee.

Also... ruined.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Also... ruined.

NOTE: through one of my former students, I met Tim Murray when his father was coach of the Baltimore Skipjacks and his late uncle was coach of the Washington Capitals.  I used to go to weekend practises when either team was at home.  The Murrays would explain the drills they ran and why.  I learnt a LOT from that family.

Is anything positive said about the Sabres or negative against anti-Sabres takes propaganda?  I personally take all the stories from around the league with a pinch of salt unless I have independent corroborating evidence.  Here are some pieces I have.

I know two people who had witnessed the influence of Kane and Bogosian from the start.  During that time, I had heard about Brian Gionta's and Ryan O'Reilly's frustration at cliques in the team.  That was why I hated the ROR trade and the lack of movement from XGMJB during the slide after the 10 game winning streak.  So I already knew about what has come out recently.  It is not propaganda.  It might have some hyperbole if what I was told was representative of people's behaviour at the time.

My evaluation is that Gionta and ROR wanted the youth to focus on the boring things that work on the ice while Kane and Bogosian were focused on the fun off-ice.  Which do you think two teenage jocks would choose?

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

NOTE: through one of my former students, I met Tim Murray when his father was coach of the Baltimore Skipjacks and his late uncle was coach of the Washington Capitals.  I used to go to weekend practises when either team was at home.  The Murrays would explain the drills they ran and why.  I learnt a LOT from that family.

Is anything positive said about the Sabres or negative against anti-Sabres takes propaganda?  I personally take all the stories from around the league with a pinch of salt unless I have independent corroborating evidence.  Here are some pieces I have.

I know two people who had witnessed the influence of Kane and Bogosian from the start.  During that time, I had heard about Brian Gionta's and Ryan O'Reilly's frustration at cliques in the team.  That was why I hated the ROR trade and the lack of movement from XGMJB during the slide after the 10 game winning streak.  So I already knew about what has come out recently.  It is not propaganda.  It might have some hyperbole if what I was told was representative of people's behaviour at the time.

My evaluation is that Gionta and ROR wanted the youth to focus on the boring things that work on the ice while Kane and Bogosian were focused on the fun off-ice.  Which do you think two teenage jocks would choose?

I think they picked sex drugs and rock n roll

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I don't have any reason to doubt you, so this remark isn't any sort of a challenge or accusation or anything, it's just funny to see ROR framed this way now knowing that there is massive overlap between the people fully immersed in the anti-Jack-Eichel experience this week and those that were rabidly tearing down ROR from July 2018 until spring 2019

Edited by Randall Flagg

21 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

"I don't know him outside of hockey."

And we don’t know you outside of SS. That’s why we judge our opinions on you based on that. Would you have us judge you any other way? 
FTR, I like your flavor most of the time and I get it when your flavor is off but to expect a fan base or former teammates to react any differently than they have is asking too much IMO. 
The families of the children he helped should be grateful and I’ll bet that they are but the drama he brought to the ice vs results were jut too much for any fan base to bare.

Good bye, Jack. Good luck in Vegas.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I know Kane was probably a terrible influence (partying, gambling, poor teammate etc.), I'm not sure what it was with Bogo.  Was he not a hard worker?  Or just a jerk?  He was definitely overpaid, maybe that was part of it.  I know he was miserable when he was here, and it definitely showed.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.