Lol.....what a dick

Claude Balls

Just now, nucci said:

the team did the same to him....turns out he was correct in wanting the surgery the Sabres didn't as he's recovered and playing

The risk wasn’t in recovering and getting back out on the ice. It was and still is what happens when he starts playing. The risk is still there. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

the team did the same to him....turns out he was correct in wanting the surgery the Sabres didn't as he's recovered and playing

He wanted out before that. He made this a him vs. Them thing to force their hand and honestly I'm glad hes gone.  They're probably no closer to being a good competitive team than they were during his tenure, but they also don't seem much worse either.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

The risk wasn’t in recovering and getting back out on the ice. It was and still is what happens when he starts playing. The risk is still there. 

ADR seems like a better option at this point. He didn't have any complications, and the treatment for re injury is usually fusion anyway.

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

The fans never fully embraced Eichel? As a longtime suffering SHT, I find that comment just as insulting as Eichel’s. Jack’s failures aren’t his, but Pegula’s? The excuse train for Eichel and his own shortcomings is vomit inducing. 

People compare Eichel to Josh Allen. The difference between the two is Allen was doubted his entire life and had to fight to get to where he is now. Jack Eichel was the golden child, the special case, always on elite teams, surrounded with the best cast.

So being the guy with the pressure to lift a moribund franchise was too much for him. He didn't know how to respond because he was never in that situation. And maybe his character didn't lend itself to being the guy to lead. And that's not a knock. That's just being human. 

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

The fans never fully embraced Eichel? As a longtime suffering SHT, I find that comment just as insulting as Eichel’s. Jack’s failures aren’t his, but Pegula’s? The excuse train for Eichel and his own shortcomings is vomit inducing. 

I’m not making excuses for Jack. I’m a fan that never fully embraced him.  I hated the sulking among other things.

l also hated the fractured locker room where you were a Jack guy or you weren’t. 

However I never thought he took a night off or that he didn’t want to win here.  

But look at the environment the Pegulas created here.  4 GMs, 3 of which were rookies themselves, 6 coaches, never following through with a plan.  The franchise in a word has been chaos for a decade plus.  I’d have wanted out also. 

Considering that the crowds have been dwindling for years now and the team has sucked for a decade is there a grain of truth in what he so inelegantly said?

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not true,  revisionist hyperbole 

To a point. But there absolutely was a little extra juice in the building last night. And it certainly wasn’t because of our current team (as much as we might like them or have some hope about them) or playoff standings. It was for an ex-player that they wanted to hate on.

49 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I was there and I boo’d the living ***** out of him every time he touched the puck. It’s the only reason why I went to the game. ***** him. There’s absolutely nothing any of you can say that’s going to make me feel bad about it. It’s not all his fault but he sure played a big part. The win does absolutely nothing for us in the standings but I think we really needed it.

Good for you. The crowd sounded amazing. Not just the booing but reacting to the awful officiating. Most engaged I've heard a Sabres crowd be in a while. Gave me chills.

• Like (+1) 1

It's funny, it was obviously a low blow to go after the Sabres crappy attendance this season, but listen to what people had said and are currently saying about Eichel. If you think what he said was bad, what's being said about him was way worse and much of this was all said before yesterday's game.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

To a point. But there absolutely was a little extra juice in the building last night. And it certainly wasn’t because of our current team (as much as we might like them or have some hope about them) or playoff standings. It was for an ex-player that they wanted to hate on.

And? Why do u have to have empathy for Eichel but not for the fans that felt slighted by him?

And yes we all know the organization has fault here too 

• Like (+1) 1

He was being petty. Which is a bad look. Plenty of games people went nuts for him when he played here. He knows that. It was clearly a bruise to his ego. He’s not a leader. He’s nowhere near Austin Mathews or McDavid. That was the final chapter last night. Hopefully Tuch n Krebs performance was an omen we have turned the page. 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Until that one hit, that one crash into the boards... I wouldn't want to see it, but I do not trust the surgery he elected to have and continue playing.. I would of cringed every time he played if he did stay a Sabre. Now its all in Eichel and Vegas hands.... 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And? Why do u have to have empathy for Eichel but not for the fans that felt slighted by him?

And yes we all know the organization has fault here too 

What’s empathy got to do with it? Eichel can pound sand. He ain’t a Sabre anymore. I just dont care about his comments after the game. At all.

This is bread and circuses until we actually do GAF about the season and playoffs. I’m sick of watching garbage.

I thought it was a really fun, great game to watch, but because it just was. None of it had to do with Eichel.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Good for you. The crowd sounded amazing. Not just the booing but reacting to the awful officiating. Most engaged I've heard a Sabres crowd be in a while. Gave me chills.

The officials were the worst group we’ve had all season, at least at home. Just terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.