Why Rush the process? KA's plan

sweetlou

This franchise will not survive another crap season. If they don't have a plan to get fans back in the stands in October, they will lose a lot forever. I consider myself to be one of the most diehards out there and they have lost me the last 3 years. My teenage kids loved the Sabres and they won't even let me put them on tv anymore. This fanbase is dying more and more every day and it is a tragedy to watch.

Get a real coach, sign (and overpay) the best FA you can find and get this shiitshow moving. Enough is enough, the waiting is over, it's sofckng over.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

I believe if KA would have his druthers, he will bring in a couple more vets this off season and let Krebs, Paterka, and Quinn start the year with the Amerks.  

Quinn could be the exception if he is just lights out in the pre season. 

Why do you believe that?

31 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Im super excited for some over the hill vets and we try his "eric Staal"   Method.

If only there wasn’t an entire continuum between Eric Staal and waiting for all inexperienced lineup.

43 minutes ago, Weave said:

Define rushing.

We have a critical mass of kids already.  It’s not rushing to bring in a handful of good vets and begin showing them what it takes to win next season.

While Weave and I disagree on the number of vets needed, we do agree that it’s time to start adding vets to get this team and the kids on it to the next level.  There are significant holes on this roster that we don’t have kids ready to fill, we need to get to the cap floor and we need to become competitive.  We can start with at least one proven veteran goaltender and at least one (I’d prefer 2) veteran RHD.  I also wouldn’t mind another proven winger.

If management wants the fans to re-engage, then they have to give the fans a reason to get excited again.  Another rebuild year won’t cut it.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Quinn and Krebs will start in Buffalo next season

Quinn would be in Buffalo right now if it wasn’t prudent to slide his contract.  

One other note:  A bunch of the guys we think of as kids aren’t any longer.  Many are entering their prime or are already in it.  Thompson will be 24 next season, Mitts 23, VO 27, Tuch 26, Bryson 24, Asplund 24, Jokiharju 23, Dahlin 22 (with 250 NHL games already), and Skinner 30.  It’s time for the training wheels to come off and for expectations to be higher.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If you can give examples of what veterans are taking their spot next season, I would possibly consider to maybe think about it.  Or put Quinn, Krebs, and Peterka on a line together and see what happens. The three of them down in Rochester doesn't rev my engine

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While Weave and I disagree on the number of vets needed, we do agree that it’s time to start adding vets to get this team and the kids on it to the next level.  There are significant holes on this roster that we don’t have kids ready to fill, we need to get to the cap floor and we need to become competitive.  We can start with at least one proven veteran goaltender and at least one (I’d prefer 2) veteran RHD.  I also wouldn’t mind another proven winger.

If management wants the fans to re-engage, then they have to give the fans a reason to get excited again.  Another rebuild year won’t cut it.

My forward would be Dustin Brown.  One year contract at $4-5 million. Probably over payment but he has won 3 cups so not really a goal for him anymore.  LA won't resign him, as they are bringing in their younger players. He is from Ithica, so he has a chance to finish his career close to home.

My defenseman would either be Josh Manson or Eric Gudbranson.  Both are stay at home and physical, need someone to play alongside Power.

Goalie I'm thinking of trading for Varlomov or overpaying Holtby to come here for two years.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Stads said:

If you can give examples of what veterans are taking their spot next season, I would possibly consider to maybe think about it.  Or put Quinn, Krebs, and Peterka on a line together and see what happens. The three of them down in Rochester doesn't rev my engine

I don’t think there is any question that Quinn and Krebs will be in Buffalo to start next season.  JJP is a definite maybe.  

We still have Girgnensons, Bjork, Hinostroza, Jankowski, Butcher, Miller, Hayden, Eakin, Pysyk, Hagg, Anderson and Tokarski on this roster.  These guys should all be upgraded.  Quinn and Power will certainly take two of the jobs, but as to the rest, we can and should do better.

For example: Acquire Quick or Varlomov to play goal.  Acquire guys like Orlov or Jensen to play defense.  Sign Reilly Smith.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

paul rudd rush GIF

Falling down the fringes of the standiings
In serious disorder
An unmitigated horror
In between the Blackhawks
And where Coyotes roam

Watch the play, it all seems so one-sided
Giveaways provided
Results seem pre-decided
We get detached and all divided
As they get trapped inside their zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the hopeful so alone

Sabres fans
On the internet
Trying to forget
You get numb or you get out
Sabres fans
From the basement bars
Calling WGR
Be numb or be cast out

Any big win might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the Sabres have no charms to soothe
The hopeless dreams of you

Drawn like moths, we drift into Sabrespace
The timeless old attraction
Trying to find some passion
Arguing about Granato's night
Just to feel we have some might

Some would trade the kids for aging stopgaps
Or lose the race to tank
To wash off that Sabre stank
And start to dream of someone
To end this hopeless blight

Somewhere out of a memory
Where RJ screams "Now do you believe?"

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Quinn, Power, Krebs, and maybe Paterka should be in Buffalo next year.  We need some useful vets to supplant the Eakins, Bjorks, and Haggs in the line-up.  We need real goaltending next year.  We need a more balanced mix of players in the line-up.  The time to start rising in the standings starts this off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

I believe if KA would have his druthers, he will bring in a couple more vets this off season and let Krebs, Paterka, and Quinn start the year with the Amerks.  

Quinn could be the exception if he is just lights out in the pre season. 

What are they learning in the AHL at this point?  

41 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t think there is any question that Quinn and Krebs will be in Buffalo to start next season.  JJP is a definite maybe.  

We still have Girgnensons, Bjork, Hinostroza, Jankowski, Butcher, Miller, Hayden, Eakin, Pysyk, Hagg, Anderson and Tokarski on this roster.  These guys should all be upgraded.  Quinn and Power will certainly take two of the jobs, but as to the rest, we can and should do better.

For example: Acquire Quick or Varlomov to play goal.  Acquire guys like Orlov or Jensen to play defense.  Sign Reilly Smith.

I'm all for an established veteran in goal next year with UPL backing up. Bjork, Eakin, and Miller can go for sure. Reilly Smith sounds like a grand idea. Let's try prospecting lines and I'll probably be way off.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Olofsson-Cozens-Okposo

Quinn-Krebs-Peterka

Girgensons-Jankowski-Asplund

I'm probably forgetting someone so obvious

16 minutes ago, Stads said:

I'm all for an established veteran in goal next year with UPL backing up. Bjork, Eakin, and Miller can go for sure. Reilly Smith sounds like a grand idea. Let's try prospecting lines and I'll probably be way off.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Olofsson-Cozens-Okposo

Quinn-Krebs-Peterka

We’ve seen essentially that roster already.  It wins 1 out of 4 games.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Stads said:

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Olofsson-Cozens-Okposo

Quinn-Krebs-Peterka

Mitts..

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.