GDT: Ottawa Senators at Buffalo. February 17th, 2022 7pm MSG, ESPN+, WGR550

Brawndo

Nothing Granato can say post game makes this ok… Nothing… He needs to step up his expectations and his messaging… Effort+Hustle+Shots+No Quit = A Winning Ethic… 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I don’t understand how you can give up the tying goal late in the 2nd period… spend 15 minutes between periods making a plan… and come out flat in the 3rd period getting completely outworked over the final 20 minutes… On a two game winning streak no less… Anderson gave them the game to win… Granato and his skaters choked… Pathetic…

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Not a good sign for the third games in 8 days.  Avs will smoke them if they bring this effort on Saturday.

Watched the Avs last night… 60 minute effort…

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

A very close second to the Pegulas' continuing ownership of the team on the list of most galling things about Sabres Hockey is the sound of Brian Duff giggling after a loss.

I really wanted to see them get 3 in a row.  Ottawa was the right team to beat for it, but we just didn’t have it tonight.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Don Dokken said:

I just do not have a handle on when this team will show up and when it won’t. Thought they would come out flying tonight at home looking for the 3-game streak against a very beatable opponent. Pretty disappointing. 

They're a normal team in the sense that their "showing up" occurs in the shape of a bell curve centered around an average level of play. They're an abnormal team in that they're a very bad team, so that average is quite low compared to the rest of the league, and as a result have more than twice as many losses as they have wins

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't watched much this season to be honest. I love hockey more than football, but the Bills def were the story of the year. 

I remember doing whatever I could to see a hockey game, I would travel if necessary, scrounge up change, etc. 

This team tonight, is simply not worthy of our time, money, or emotion. I haven't seen a game in a week or 2,so I was a little excited to see against a team just lower in the standings. I know we lost which isn't the worst part, but in how we did so that is the killer. It was a boring, uncoordinated, "effort". Tonight was not an NHL team at all out there. 

If they play like this, they are deserving of even less fans out there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

outcoached

Bingo… Thought Granato’s post game comments lacked his personal involvement… He is an observer… An analyst… He has yet to project any public passion for winning… and hate for losing… outside the locker room anyway… Once again, he plays the youth card… the learning card… Ok… Then this game was two steps back… Just more reinforcement on learning how to lose… Granato is a nurturer… He has demonstrated he can develop talent… Granato has yet to show he can motivate men to win… Time to start demanding more effort and results of his young team… Tonight’s 3rd period performance was an humiliation… 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.