Heritage Classic Jerseys Revealed

Brawndo

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Not really. This would have been fun and self aware.

gilbert-perreault-1e599867-2473-43ef-a52d-3ea8ce28f55-resize-750.jpeg

1 hour ago, Weave said:

And is the definition of heritage, innit?

You are going to have to bear with me here. That logo and the logo in the Heritage jerseys are identical. So what are you referring to exactly? Blue jersey? Moustaches? Perreault?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You are going to have to bear with me here. That logo and the logo in the Heritage jerseys are identical. So what are you referring to exactly? Blue jersey? Moustaches? Perreault?

No.  The logo on the front of the sweaters is IDENTICAL to the logo they are CURRENTLY wearing on their regular unis.

The hump on the back of the buffalo is almost exactly (if not exactly) the same as the one on the original trademarked logo.  It is nothing at all similar to what seamstresses in the late '70's & early '80's bastardized the Buffalo into.

• Like (+1) 1

Welp, at least theirs suck more.

I don't mind most of the specific details on ours, and I still love Hairy Buffalo, but the cream color jersey heralds an era of cotton jerseys that simply never existed during our frachise's history.  It poses.

I'd rather have seen strict Adidas adaptations of both teams' OG 1970 jerseys, proper crests and all, maybe slap a QEW highway sign patch on the upper chest, and call it good.  They'd look better, sell better, and history better.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

The shirts don't say "Arenas;" they say "Aretnas."  Once again, wtf is an Aretna.

PS They also were the St. Pats for a while.

Interestingly, they actually tried to split the difference between the two original Arenas jerseys.  The first one just had a big white 'T' with no 'ARENAS' at all.  The second was a true 'ARETNAS' jersey will all letters in white.  Here, the name is contrasted to the point where, from far away, it looks like the original.  Up close, however, you see the 'ARENAS' name like the second one.  Kinda neat, from that standpoint.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 2

Toronto’s looks like a practice jersey. If I’m going to pay for another Sabres jersey I’m not getting a dirty shade of their same jersey. Use the yellow shoulder buffalo as the main logo, or the goat head, or the B with the sword through it, or the written Buffalo they had on the 40th anniversary blue jersey, or a new logo like a herd of charging buffalo. Give me something new.

If the NHL wanted to have a true Heritage Classic they should have teams play against each other from the same eras.

Sabres would play Vancouver, or maybe the Islanders and Washington could be in that group.  All around 50 years old.

Original six teams should play against other original six teams.  All around 100 years old.

'67 expansion teams should play against other '67 expansion teams or maybe lump them in with the 50 year history crowd.

Everyone else plays against each other or better yet are not included.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.