GDT - Sabres @ Jets - December 14, 2021 - 8 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

UPL has strung together three consecutive good games against good teams. In this game, as with the other two, he made a number of exceptional stops that kept us in the game. What is impressive about him is that he plays with a lot of calmness. He's a big player who utilizes his size.

I wonder if the crowd that has complained about Dahlin and wanted him to be sent down to Rochester are changing their tune? I thought that Dahlin was superb in this game. Either Dahlin or UPL would garner the first star if I was voting with the other person getting the second star. 

Okposo has been the most consistent player for the Sabres this season. 

Tage is getting better and better. He still has some upside to draw from. 

Good win. 

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

UPL has strung together three consecutive good games against good teams. In this game, as with the other two, he made a number of exceptional stops that kept us in the game. What is impressive about him is that he plays with a lot of calmness. He's a big player who utilizes his size.

I wonder if the crowd that has complained about Dahlin and wanted him to be sent down to Rochester are changing their tune? I thought that Dahlin was superb in this game. Either Dahlin or UPL would garner the first star if I was voting with the other person getting the second star. 

Okposo has been the most consistent player for the Sabres this season. 

Tage is getting better and better. He still has some upside to draw from. 

Good win. 

He's not the worst lately. He did have one ***** that lead to a goal. Scoring 2 made up for it.  There's no point complaining. He's here to stay. 

2 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Was she nice?  

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Listened to the game in the car.  UPL is playing outstanding hockey.  If he stays healthy and keeps improving the Sabres future will be bright.   

It's one win, but yeah, it felt good with him in the crease.

and before anyone jumps on that,
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

3 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Was she nice?  

Actually, yes.  We've been married 37 years.

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hopefully not just one though 

Well, as it turns out, it was the right one.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Dahlin played well all over the ice, seemed to be in control.

I have to say, just before his first goal there was an exchange back and forth between him and Thompson and it looked almost like one of the plays that would result in a shorthanded breakaway, but Dahlin really just took control.  Not tentative at all.  Maybe that meltdown made an impression and he finally has the right mindset?

There was also a play later in the game where he was one-on-one with a WPG forward and the forward had position.  Dahlin didn't panic and just stayed with him and in the end there was no shot, and no penalty.  (Not sure if Dahlin's coverage forced the WPG player to lose control or if Rasmus actually got a stick on the puck, but it looked like a very dangerous chance at first.)

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I wonder if the crowd that has complained about Dahlin and wanted him to be sent down to Rochester are changing their tune?

Yes I am.

I tuned into TSN for the second period and they fairly gushed about how good he was (and he played like it tonight).  It was nice having one of our guys getting praise from the opposing broadcast crew.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Dahlin and Sabres goaltending both playing well. A lot of message board pundits will be devastated this evening.🤣

Dahlin has put together his two best games and they are back-to-back.

The difference from previous games is no huge cranial flatulence turnovers that lead to break-aways. His offense/transitional play has been exceptional throughout the year.

• Like (+1) 1

Great to see a win in Winnipeg

Dahlin played well, and seems more confident/competent with a goalie who will make some nice saves from time to time. He plays much more uptight when the goaltending worries him it seems.

Overall solid game from the team.

Good to see Skinner get another goal and Thompson get some points.

Cozens, even when not scoring, seems to have at least a few solid D plays every game.

Finally we have surpassed the 20 point mark.

• Like (+1) 2

Good game all around. 

UPL made all the routine saves, and then some very big tough saves. He gave his team a chance. 

Yes, as stated already, the book will be written on him, let’s hope that he is ready to push through it and keep improving.  

You can say that Winnipeg didn’t bring their A game, but they would have looked much better against Dell and the others. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.