GDT: Capitals @ Sabres 12/11 @7 pm

bob_sauve28

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I know it's not a Rick night, but he's worth the tune-in. I might be crazy, but from what I've heard this season (work schedule has been uncannily against me, and I have a tough time watching a recorded game "live"), he's enjoying a renaissance. Goal calls of late have been much closer to Rick Prime (or at least Rick Still Really Good). He's getting more names, he's not losing the play as much. He sounds really, really comfortable, like he could do this forever. I really hope he and the team come to some compromise after the season. He can't go away. He just can't. Let him call a home game a month or something. If the team has a chance to win a playoff series, let him call the game for future release or something, while Dan or whoever still gets to do it live.

I was thinking the exact same thing. He really has rebounded from the end of last season when he uncharacteristically struggled with simple things. Hopefully he gets a handful of "post retirement " games. Dan for 82 is depressing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.