With Anderson out for a couple more weeks, is it smart to keep UPL in Rochester?

Eleven

strong NO  UPL stays in Rochester. Seems he is finally finding his game. His long term development is way more important than the next stretch for the Sabres.

Same for Quinn, Krebs and JJ   Keep them in the minors till after the break.  Samuelsson is the only one who I would want to see promoted at this time.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Alex Nedeljkovic was the goalie Adams probably should have been in on but wasn't. 

Hard to believe he was on the waiver wire about a year ago.

• Like (+1) 1

I like UPL.

I still believe in his long term potential to be an effective starter for Buffalo and expect him to be in the league sooner than later but not yet. 

He should stay in Rochester with the young stars and develop along side of them. 

A long playoff run is exactly what the young Americans need, featuring UPL in net. 

That would be invaluable in his development IMO

I'd look elsewhere for goaltending help if I were Adams.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

If his solid play continues through this week and Roch isn't I'd call him up for a game or two to backup Tokarski.... maybe even give him the start in Columbus next Monday then send him back.

I could support occasional spot starts in the league if, like you say, he continues his solid play going forward but stays in Rochester primarily. 

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I think Adams also agrees with you...

Then why isn't he calling him up?  I don't think he agrees with me.  Oh well.  I'll still root for the Sabres tonight.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

I don't think there's value in his development.  I don't think he's going to become "the guy."  I hope I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Then why isn't he calling him up?  I don't think he agrees with me.  Oh well.  I'll still root for the Sabres tonight.

I don't think there's value in his development.  I don't think he's going to become "the guy."  I hope I'm wrong.

Might take longer than we wanted, Linus didn't inspire confidence his first few years either.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Say what now?

confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

Per this morning's Buffalo News, Anderson is out for a while.  (The article is paywalled as usual.)  The team wants to keep UPL in Rochester for development.

I don't like this.  Surprisingly, this team actually could make the playoffs with good goaltending.  I have little faith in Tokarski, and none whatsoever in Dell.  I don't have that much in UPL, either, but he's not as bad as the other two.

I just think they're wasting an opportunity here.

EDIT:  I was unclear.  I don't think Adams should trade for a goalie.  I do think that UPL, while not great, is better than the other two options, and I think he should be in Buffalo.  

Feel like my faith went up a little

22 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

There’s just no way Dell should start again.  

I’m not saying development be damned for a Sabres potential win, but I think UPL’s development would not be stunted by a spot start on a back to back. The next back to back is a week from today.  I hope UPL gets that game. 

With all due respect, I don't think someone with your username has much credibility with respect to goaltending.  😉

That said, I think I'd be okay with bringing UPL up for a game to see how he does and then send him back down and keep Dell as the backup when Toker is playing.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Linus doesn't inspire confidence now. Just ask the Bruins who have barely used him so far. 

I personally wouldn't call him up . Development development development. 

They’re afraid they might break him. Sort of like grandma’s China. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, Eleven said:

I have little faith in Tokarski

Ye of little faith… Tokarski proved he can play and belongs in the NHL… and Granato and his teammates seem confident in his game… 

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Linus doesn't inspire confidence now. Just ask the Bruins who have barely used him so far. 

He's being platooned basically 50/50 with Swayman.  I don't think I would say "barely."

image.thumb.png.f6f18c5b581f4906b9f5102e2136761d.png

5 minutes ago, Believer said:

Ye of little faith… Tokarski proved he can play and belongs in the NHL… and Granato and his teammates seem confident in his game… 

One game does not a starter make.  He's played pretty good in general, but he isn't the second coming of Hasek.

Yet.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He's being platooned basically 50/50 with Swayman.  I don't think I would say "barely."

One game does not a starter make.  He's played pretty good in general, but he isn't the second coming of Hasek.

Yet.

If tokarski is the starter for this stretch - UPL should stay down.  He needs to be starting the majority of games wherever he plays.

59 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Seemed like every game of their's I've seen had Swayman in it and I know they shocked the announcers by playing Swayman back to back last 2 games before their little break here. Swayman definitely seems to be #1 of the two. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.