Getting to know Peyton Krebs

WildCard

1 hour ago, Digger said:

Next season I can see Krebs at LW with Cozens at C and Tuch on RW.  I see that trio having some potential chemistry.  Very quick skating line that will be fun to watch once Krebs and Cozens reach their potential.  Lots of options next season though with Quinn and Peterka in the mix.

That could very well be a line next year, but unless there are 2 lines ahead of it, it is going to struggle.

The next couple of years, that line could be interesting.

Skinner Mittelstadt Tuch

Olofsson Thompson Asplund

Krebs Cozens

Girgensons Okposo

Samuelsson Dahlin

Power Jokiharju

Bryson

Acquire a starting goalie, a defensively strong RHD and a defensively strong 3C

Let R2, Quinn, Peterka, Fitzpatrick, Johnson and our 1st pick challenge some JAGs for the open roster spots.

Next year could be fun.

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Krebs developing to be a faster skating Reinhart would be delicious. For a few reasons. Having another player not afraid to get into the dirty areas in front of the net and be an incredible passer. Yes please!

Not to mention to grind the gears of some fans. Muhahaha …. 😂

Even if there is a stylistic similarity in any way, there simply is no comparison because from what I've seen and understand Krebs is a leader and he gives maximum effort most, if not all, the time. and THAT was not Samson. 

3 hours ago, Digger said:

Next season I can see Krebs at LW with Cozens at C and Tuch on RW.  I see that trio having some potential chemistry.  Very quick skating line that will be fun to watch once Krebs and Cozens reach their potential.  Lots of options next season though with Quinn and Peterka in the mix.

idk where Tuch will end up but, assuming his game keeps evolving the way it seemed to be before the injury I would like to see Tuch with Mitts to start and see if that works. Playmaker plus power forward with more grit is a good combination. But that depends on what Mitts is when he returns. There are no guarantees on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Even if there is a stylistic similarity in any way, there simply is no comparison because from what I've seen and understand Krebs is a leader and he gives maximum effort most, if not all, the time. and THAT was not Samson. 

Your act is boring. Wrong as usual yawn

Edited by Zamboni

So okay, we're looking at analytics now, but it seems so many players are being brought in for off-ice characteristics as well as for on-ice performance.  Is this a case of looking at the analytics and then trying to cherry pick players out of the top echelon for "intangibles" and then acquiring them?

7 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

People don't think Krebs is a future number  1 center ?  I'll disagree with that 

He’s only a number one centre in the way Chris Drury and Mike Peca were number one centres.

I have no idea if Peca is a good coach, but the concept of him mentoring Krebs is exciting.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

So okay, we're looking at analytics now, but it seems so many players are being brought in for off-ice characteristics as well as for on-ice performance.  Is this a case of looking at the analytics and then trying to cherry pick players out of the top echelon for "intangibles" and then acquiring them?

Yes, they want to target good players with good character. 

• Like (+1) 2

I guess it's the depth of knowledge, coupled with the analytics, that I find interesting.  It's not just what their stats are, not just their past teams, it's what their roles were on those teams.  It's who they grew up rooting for.  With Krebs and Tuch, their talent/performance is notable, but what really makes that good candidates for this team is their backstories.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I guess it's the depth of knowledge, coupled with the analytics, that I find interesting.  It's not just what their stats are, not just their past teams, it's what their roles were on those teams.  It's who they grew up rooting for.  With Krebs and Tuch, their talent/performance is notable, but what really makes that good candidates for this team is their backstories.

It’s almost like the current front office believes that both analytics AND culture are important.  Imagine that!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

To be honest, before I started to post on SabreSpace, I never would have realized there was so much subtlety in building a team.  Just get all the good players you can, fill in the rest with what's available, and play on.  Make a few trades to get a Briere or a Drury once in while.  I guess I was spoiled by Darcy and it took XGMTM and JBot to give me an appreciation for how complicated the position of GM really is.

It appears that Kevyn Adams is doing a good job of integrating all the data available to build the team, hopefully the right way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

He’s only a number one centre in the way Chris Drury and Mike Peca were number one centres.

I have no idea if Peca is a good coach, but the concept of him mentoring Krebs is exciting.

I mean, hopefully, right?

His actual on ice game does remind me more of Briere though, as others have said. Cozens I see a little of both, too. Ideally the two of them somehow amount to a combined decent representation of the two, in our top two C roles, one day

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Yes, they want to target good players with good character. 

Doesn't every team? I think Adams is trying to target what one might call.. "good" players. 

No one wants slow moving, lackadaisical workers with little talent and a bad rep. 

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

To be honest, before I started to post on SabreSpace, I never would have realized there was so much subtlety in building a team.  Just get all the good players you can, fill in the rest with what's available, and play on.  Make a few trades to get a Briere or a Drury once in while.  I guess I was spoiled by Darcy and it took XGMTM and JBot to give me an appreciation for how complicated the position of GM really is.

It appears that Kevyn Adams is doing a good job of integrating all the data available to build the team, hopefully the right way.

They've never actually succeeded at the "get all the good players thing" though lol

Marcus Johansson and Eric Staal didn't fail because they weren't the right type of man. They weren't actually 2Cs!

This is the first year, with a healthy Mittelstadt and a hypothetical Eichel here we may have actually had 2 real top 6 Cs, since...maybe the end of Eichel's ELC when ROR was still here but even then, Eichel wasn't yet "Eichel". 

We may need to go back further. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

His actual on ice game does remind me more of Briere though, as others have said. Cozens I see a little of both, too. Ideally the two of them somehow amount to a combined decent representation of the two, in our top two C roles, one day

Doesn't every team? I think Adams is trying to target what one might call.. "good" players. 

No one wants slow moving, lackadaisical workers with little talent and a bad rep. 

The key is not to pick talented headcases, the Anthony DeAngelos, Evander Kanes of the world. Regardless of talent, they tear rooms a part. Focus on talented players that will fit well in the room.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

The key is not to pick talented headcases, the Anthony DeAngelos, Evander Kanes of the world. Regardless of talent, they tear rooms a part. Focus on talented players that will fit well in the room.

Makes sense, it's why a lot comes down to execution, like you alluded to - they gotta get the assessments right. 

I actually am fairly optimistic in Adams' ability in this regard, identifying that character. 

My worry more so stems from the fact, I think a lot of the "bad attitude" stuff actually develops, rather than being present from the beginning. I hope Adams is aware of the likelihood of this happening with some of his Blinding Light Brigade through the accumulation of losses. 

Next year they should be talking about winning, not development. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Makes sense, it's why a lot comes down to execution, like you alluded to - they gotta get the assessments right. 

I actually am fairly optimistic in Adams' ability in this regard, identifying that character. 

My worry more so stems from the fact, I think a lot of the "bad attitude" stuff actually develops, rather than being present from the beginning. I hope Adams is aware of the likelihood of this happening with some of his Blinding Light Brigade through the accumulation of losses. 

Next year they should be talking about winning, not development. 

Bringing in some competent goalies under age forty ought to be tops on the to do list for next year.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I see the tenacity of Briere, but Danny was like prime Skinner around the net — just absolutely hungry to score.

Krebs may never score 20 in a season.

I just saw that Krebs has 5 assists in 3 games.  I so want to send Cozens down to play with him.  

I'd love for Quinn, Cozens, Krebs and JJP to develop together down in Rochester this season and then come up together next year and kind of give us the shot in the arm the Roy, Miller, Pominville, Vanek group did.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.