GDT: Sabres @ Sharks 11/2/2021, 10:30pm est

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm not comparing them as rookies. I'm saying maybe someday Cozens can be what Couture is now -- a 50+ point center year-after-year. Right now they are a gross mismatch. (Also remember, those SJ teams were stacked with studs in their primes (Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski).

Also, I doubt Thompson ever has a season as good as Hertl has had (74 points), but maybe he can do the 30-40 points that Hertl puts up year-in and -out. That's the hope anyway.

Yeah, let's hope. But Cozens really doesn't do much right now.  Still very early to judge, but between him and Dahlin, a couple high picks not contributing much right now.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Meatballs better skate these ***** tomorrow. They played a sloppy game tonight turning the puck over all over the ice.

It is far and away the ugliest game I've seen this year --- the 2nd half of the NJ notwithstanding. But from midway (after scoring to tie it at 1) through the first they've looked hesitant and sloppy.

Nice working goal. Skinner's gotta get hot.

• Like (+1) 2

The forwards without Mitts and Olofsson is really scary. They can't all be JAGs. Good that Eakin's back, but that line didn't look cohesive yet and we need them to be steadying and cagey and beasty.

The other note I have is that a few times each game, yes, go for that shot-rebound off the far pad when your fellow winger is coming through the opposite dot. But... tonight every shot was from the blue line hoping for that rebound. Nothing pushing into the slot. Make them defend. Or... hold onto it and get set up in the zone instead. We had a few good instances of prolonged zone time but mostly kept it to the outside which we weren't doing earlier in the season.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.