Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

Samson 61 points on the year so far. He should blow by his career high in the next few games. 

I am on record as saying I never lament when players leave but I may be lamenting a little over Mr Reinhart. 

He represents one of the first prospects of this era of Sabres hockey that I really followed before and after the draft. 

So anyways, keep goin young man. 

• Like (+1) 3

Unfortunately Vegas came back to beat Hawks in OT...Jack scored tying goal in third and oddly the guy they tired to trade scored OT winner. I gotta admit I hate those Boston announcers...Sportsnet bring the Bruins a lot and always have those knobs announcing. They are really hard to listen to

• Like (+1) 1

Calgary beat Edmonton 9-5. Edmonton gave up 9 even strength goals. And I can’t just pin it on their goaltending. They are the Leafs West. Both teams are overloaded up front, have bad blue lines, bad goaltending and both teams refuse to play any type of defensive system consistently. 

Neither are built for success in the playoffs.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 6

38 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Calgary beat Edmonton 9-5. Edmonton gave up 9 even strength goals. And I can’t just pin it on their goaltending. They are the Leafs West. Both teams are overloaded up front, have bad blue lines, bad goaltending and both teams refuse to play any type of defensive system consistently. 

Quite a game. Was lucky to happen upon it and couldn't change the channel.

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

McJesus will want out soon.

5 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

They need to fire Ken Holland into the sun. Everyone with a pulse knew they needed help in net and all he does at the deadline is bring in a bottom pairing defenseman and bottom six forward. Not to mention trading for the corpse of Duncan Keith and giving Darnell Nurse an obscene contract before the season even started. He has bungled that roster so bad it's ridiculous. They are rapidly running out of time to get a cup with 2 of the top 5 players in the league and Ken Holland is just gonna muck it up.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

They need to fire Ken Holland into the sun. Everyone with a pulse knew they needed help in net and all he does at the deadline is bring in a bottom pairing defenseman and bottom six forward. Not to mention trading for the corpse of Duncan Keith and giving Darnell Nurse an obscene contract before the season even started. He has bungled that roster so bad it's ridiculous. They are rapidly running out of time to get a cup with 2 of the top 5 players in the league and Ken Holland is just gonna muck it up.

Holland has been bad for years but no one wants to say it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Detroit loses 11-2 to Pens. This must be wrong though. I have been told Yzerman is a genius and can do no wrong and Detroit are light years ahead of Buffalo because of Yzerman’s pure genius.

I expected Detroit to be further along than they are right now. If I'm a Wings fan, I'm hoping to see steady improvement throughout this season, but they've been pretty bad the last few weeks. There's some good young talent in that roster...I'd kill to have Raymond and Seider in Buffalo...but they still have some gaping holes, particularly defensively.

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Detroit loses 11-2 to Pens. This must be wrong though. I have been told Yzerman is a genius and can do no wrong and Detroit are light years ahead of Buffalo because of Yzerman’s pure genius.

Just like Leaf nation saying Dubas is a genius, spending 1/2 of their cap on 4 forwards.

• Like (+1) 4